Houston Babies

He's Here! (birth story, too)

Our son, Lennon Robert, was born on Wednesday, September 29th.  He weighed four pounds and five ounces and is 16 inches long.  He's adorable!

I went into the hospital Tuesday night at 7:30 and the Cervidil was put in at 9:30.  The plan was to take it out around 6 a.m. and begin the Pitocin around 7 a.m.  I began feeling mild contractions around 1 a.m., but they were manageable.  I slept on and off and then the baby's heart rate dipped a few times.  My contractions became a little more painful around this time.  The nurse came in at 5 a.m. to remove the Cervidil and I was told the doctor would be there soon to break my water.  When she came in and checked me, I was dilated to five centimeters.  She broke my water -- and that's when the party started! The contractions became much stronger and closer together almost immediately.  I had just enough time to call my husband (who was at home with our daughter) to tell him that I was in labor and to get there as soon as he could.  I made that call at 6:24 and the baby was born 20 minutes later.  So, my husband didn't make it for the birth! I pushed twice and Lennon was born.  I was able to hear him cry, which was wonderful.  Not only was I able to deliver without Pitocin, but I was also able to have the pain med-free birth that I wanted.

Since he was a few weeks early and small, he was taken away to be stabilized, but I was able to hold him for a few minutes before he went to the NICU.  

He's been in the NICU since and has made some gains.  He initially had problems with rapid breathing and with keeping food down, but has stabilized his breathing and has managed to keep his feedings down, too.  I was told that, if things continue to go smoothly and he's able to maintain his breathing, eating, and body temperature, he should be able to go home early next week.  I was able to bottle-feed him twice today and do some skin-to-skin snuggling.  My husband was able to hold him for the first time today, too.

He looks so much like his big sister did as a newborn! We're in love! 

Re: He's Here! (birth story, too)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"