Natural Birth
Options

Pushing time?

2»

Re: Pushing time?

• Options
    I was at 8.5 cm at 12:31 am and wanted to push I was coached to take it easy and 19 min later had DS no meds of any kind and not tearing.  DS was sunnyside up though and had his head tilted it sucked.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options

I pushed for 1/2 hr, but that was only 4 contrax, so I was resting in between pushes.

ETA: It was a med-free hospital birth with a midwife.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It was unmedicated and I pushed for under 10 minutes.  I experienced the "extreme urge to expel the baby" though - I had no urges one minute and the next he was on his way out regardless of anything anyone else told me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

With DS #1, ~45 minutes (I had an epidural at 9cm after long labor due to posterior baby and several hours of pitocin)

With DS #2, maybe 5 minutes tops.  Completely med-free and very intense but he was out super fast.

• Options
    I pushed for 2 hours, no epidural and had a small episiotomy and 3rd degree tear. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    imagebandwife:
    Med-free and maybe 8 minutes. I didn't have a pushing phase, more a 'my body is getting this human out now' phase. It happened so fast everyone was coaching me to not push.
    This was exactly me if I had stayed on all fours he probably would have slid out! I only beared down and pushed once maybe twice the rest of the time he just literally was coming out with each pushing contraction. I had no tears, stitches or hemmies.ETA- all med free hospital birth but active labor was 24 hours long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Almost 2 hours with an epidural and a posterior baby [7lbs1oz].
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"