Parenting after 35

PSA: Best. Kid's. Music. Eva.

When Matty was born a friend gave me a bunch of stuff she said would help keep me sane as a mom. One of them was the Bare Naked Ladies Snacktime CD. I was not even a big BNL fan but this CD is awesome.

Not only does Matt love the songs but DH and I like them now as well. The music is so much better than some of the scary kids music I have heard.

Re: PSA: Best. Kid's. Music. Eva.

• they are pretty whimsical - I can see how they could easily transition into children's music.  I'll have to check it out - thanks for the recommendation!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check it out!  Some of the children's music is absolutely mind numbing.  Most of the Kidz Bop songs make me want to jump out of the window.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love BNL so that was one of the first cd's Ellie got...now I'll be singing "pollywog in a bog" and "7 ate 9" the rest of the afternoon!
  • :::searching best price on internet right now:::

Thanks for the tip!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heard that was a good CD.  I will buy it, since I am sick of the usuals.  :)
  • Love the BNLs!   We registered for Snacktime but didn't get it, so I'm glad you reminded me about it.   Headed over to Amazon to add it to Charlie's birthday gift stuff.

Also.. check out They Might Be Giants.  They have a couple of kids' CDs and videos as well that are awesome, too!

• imagePiranha54:
    now I'll be singing "pollywog in a bog" and "7 ate 9" the rest of the afternoon!

For "Pollywog" Matty raises his hands in the air and tries to jump when they sing "jump, jump" during the reggae part.  And "7 ate 9" every time that comes on I always chuckle at how witty it is. 

• In case you've never heard it... Pollywog in a Bog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Wx35sNqdM

• I should get this... I used to be a huge BNL fan and even joined their fan club for a while (got AWESOME concert tickets).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Love the BNLs!   We registered for Snacktime but didn't get it, so I'm glad you reminded me about it.   Headed over to Amazon to add it to Charlie's birthday gift stuff.

Also.. check out They Might Be Giants.  They have a couple of kids' CDs and videos as well that are awesome, too!

We have Snacktime and a couple of TMBG CDs and really like them all.  Much better than lots of the kiddie music out there.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Love the BNLs!   We registered for Snacktime but didn't get it, so I'm glad you reminded me about it.   Headed over to Amazon to add it to Charlie's birthday gift stuff.

I'll have to find Snacktime.  We love TMBG!

Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • OOH!  Awesomesauce!  :D  I am acquiring these now!  Thanks for the recs!
  • imageBrideBuddies:

In case you've never heard it... Pollywog in a Bog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Wx35sNqdM

Thanks for the link - I did actually like the "7,8,9" video better, but maybe it was the cheap potty humor at the very end :)

Amy - love the image of Matty dancing around to Pollywog! 

• I love TBBG.  I will check out their CDs.
  • Must download now.
  • Amy, I just downloaded it (love technology). I am listening to the first song now (789). Love it! Can't wait to listen to the rest. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"