TTC after 35
Options

To poas or not to poas; that is the question?

BGG and the Saturday clubbers...I know you'll understand.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Anyway....Hello out there I'm starting to feel, uh, a little anxiety.  Ok a lot. a whole buncha anxiety here.  or psychosis as BGG said. 

To poas or not to poas; that is the question?

Unlike those who pee early and often, I just can't bear the thought of getting the darn bfn.  I want to hold out so I know for sure.  They said wait two weeks from IUI.  But since I had 2 IUIs back to back on Fri and Sat 2weeks ago, I'm not sure which day to start counting.  I do have the FR brand so they are supposed to detect early.  But I threw away the box so I can't remember the instructions.  Does it have to be FMU?

And here's the thing, warning TMI: With all that progesterone I've been putting up you know where, well there is some unpleasant stuff coming back out.  again..skip this paragraph if you can...tmi...so sometimes that same white cream shows up the next day and it is maybe slightly greyish or tannish.  Today it is mixed with brownish.  Like cocoa powder.  So obviously some blood of some kind.  So it could be AF.  boo.  or maybe not.

And so I'm back to ...pee?  or no pee?  if it is negative then I'll have to keep testing through the weekend.  Or until AF shows herself in her brightest crimson.  I don't usually get spotting ahead of AF.  ARRRGGHHH! 

As for other symptoms: well 2 weeks ago when I started the dam progesterone cream the BBs were bloated and sore and the nips were sensitive like they were sunburned and it was miserable.  Just yesterday, that all went away.  So WTF does that mean?!  Does your body get used to the progesterone and so it doesn't do that to the bbs anymore? OR is it a sign of PG or no PG?  Can I say ARRRRGGHH again? 

For anyone who has made it all the way to the end of this wacked message, much love and appreciation!  I just don't know what to do.  (but I can think of a few people who are gonna start a POAS chant.)  ;)

dreading.  hopeful.  dreading.  dreadfully hopeful.

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png

Re: To poas or not to poas; that is the question?

• Options
    No advice here just support:) Good Luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The 2ww is a stressful time!  I don't know about the progesterone cream but I'll be praying for you that you get your BFP once you do decide to poas!  Our bodies, along with our minds play some awful tricks on us during this time.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no experience with the progesterone cream but, if the bfn will crush you, wait til Saturday. If you are ok with it knowing it may be wrong, POAS. Whatever you decide, good luck and keep us updated!
  • Options
    PS. For what it is worth, I'd probably POAS :)
  • Options

Well I'm probably not a good person to offer advice, since I like peeing on things. Big Smile  I can tell you that I kind of wish I didn't test this morning (BFN) since it's likely that I tested way too early at 11 DPO. It didn't really help my obsessive thoughts.  Hold out if you can I guess, but if it's driving you crazy like it does me you might as well go ahead and test. I don't know what to tell you about the progesterone, I think that's one of those things that everyone responds to differently. Good luck!!

My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options

If a bfn will crush you, wait.  Otherwise, why the heck not?  Best of luck regardless, hope you are more sane than I feel at this point.  I would skip the entire weekend if I could to proceed to Monday morning.

• Options
    I have no advice to offer, but tons of hugs and support.
  • Options

I don't know what all your different symptoms mean, but they'd be driving me crazy too.  If it were me, I'd probably test tomorrow with FMU, but if you can hold out 'til Saturday, that'd probably be more ideal.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp's that if it will crush you to get BFN, then I would wait as long as you can to test.  If not, then by all means, go for it.  By the way, FR says you can test any time but recommends that you test with FMU.  GL!!  I hope you get BFP.
  • Options
    Not sure about the symptoms b/c I havne't taken progesterone before. Buuut, I would do  FM and wait until Sat. Or Sun even. I know! Crazy, and feels like a long time from now but if the BFN will crush you then better to wait. Hide the HPTs! Hugs!

• Options

I can help with the progesterone question - it just whacks your body out and so you cannot use symptoms as a guide. Progesterone makes me feel exactly like I am pregnant.  Not sure why your BBs soreness went away but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back. You may have had a little spotting but I would be surprised - progesterone is really good at getting rid of spotting.

Second - I always tested exactly two weeks after my first IUI - so if I had the first one on a Fri I would test two fridays after that - figuring even if the second one was the one - it would show up a day early.

Sorry you are having such a hard wait!

• Options

I'm thinking of you and sending my positive vibes your way.  Keep your chin and keep your thoughts positive.  Paradise

HUGS!

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    Weeeell, I plan on peeing on a stick every day until AF shows up or I get a BFP.  Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"