Baby Showers
Options

Games?

I'm not really into games but my mom already bought the gifts for prizes. My SIL is supposed to do the games but she did really stupid ones at my wedding shower so I told her today I would look for some different things to do. Any opinions other than the traditional stupid games( ie: bingo, unscrammble the words, etc.)????

Re: Games?

• Options
    search baby shower madlibs. we did a story of our baby's birth and it was hysterical.
  • Options

At a friends a month or two ago we did a "diaper" partner game.  We paired off and one person had to diaper the other with toilet paper.  The guest of honor picked the best diaper.

At another friends a year ago we did a "guess what's in the diaper" game.  They had 4-6 diapers that got passed around that had a melted candy bar in them and we had to guess which candy bar it was.  The guest with the most correct won.

At my shower this weekend we did the string game.  Each guest had to cut a piece of string and the person that cut the piece of string closest to fitting around my waist/bump was the winner.  We also did a "hot diaper" game.  They melted a candy bar in a diaper or two and passed it around like hot potato (I was in charge of the music).  Once the music stopped whoever had the diaper(s) was the the winner(s).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, baby shower mad libs is always hilarious, try that.

• Options
    Went to a shower that had a fun game.  The MOB took a round a tray filled with a lot of baby items (diapers, bottles, diaper cream, sippy, etc) and then she walked out of the room with it.  We were supposed to use our memories and remember everything we see.  Well, once she was out of the room the hostess told us to write down answers to her questions and they were all about the MOB (like did she have on earrings, rings, nail polish, questions about her clothes, shoes, etc).  I only remember she had on a necklace since I really liked it.  I guessed at everything else...and did not win.  LOL  I was too busy trying to memorize everything on the tray.
  • Options

imagerhubarb123:
    Went to a shower that had a fun game.  The MOB took a round a tray filled with a lot of baby items (diapers, bottles, diaper cream, sippy, etc) and then she walked out of the room with it.  We were supposed to use our memories and remember everything we see.  Well, once she was out of the room the hostess told us to write down answers to her questions and they were all about the MOB (like did she have on earrings, rings, nail polish, questions about her clothes, shoes, etc).  I only remember she had on a necklace since I really liked it.  I guessed at everything else...and did not win.  LOL  I was too busy trying to memorize everything on the tray.
    Also just doing it where they realyl are memorizing what's on the tray/in a basket and having everyone write down as much as they can remember can be fun.

But another twist is to hang up a clothes line w/ baby items attached to it. At a certain point, it's removed from the room and then the guests have to write down as much as they remember. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    The only "game" type things were doing at my shower is guessing how many mints are in 3 bottles. Were having white bibs with fabric markers out on the tables to decorate them. And the most "game" type thing is I bought these little plastic babys from Michales craft store, and I'm going to freeze them in ice cube trays, everyone will get a ice baby at the shower, and if your ice cube melts first you have to yell "my water broke!" <--I thought this was a cute one. Other than that before I start opening my gifts I am going to have everyone address their own thank you card envelopes and pull them out of a bag while I am opening the gifts, and call out names for 'gifts/prizes'.
  • Options

I went to a friend's shower a few weeks ago and they did the guess the belly size, but they did it with ribbon instead of string. It was really cute, especially since the soon-to-be great-grandmothers was the winner (and had almost the exact amount of ribbon). Keep an eye on the mom's face for the ones that are way too big. Smile

I am opposed to the 'melted candy bar diaper games'. I know some people like them but they gross me out. Melted chocolate or not, I'm not sticking my face in a diaper to guess what it is. Too close too poop for me but to each her own.

You can also google just 'shower games' and sometimes the bridal shower games are easily converted to baby shower ones.

• Options

My mother made a celebrity baby matching name.  It had a list of celebrities on one side and a mixed up list of their crazy baby names on the other.  It was funny to hear all the comments as people were trying to figure out who the hell would name their child Pilot Inspektor or Buddy Bear.

• Options

I've gotten my inspirations on shower games from this page https://www.babycachet.com/Baby_Shower_Games_s/229.htm

These IMO are not "stupid" games - lol - hope that help!

• Options

my DIL would skin me alive if we did the measure the mom thing with string!  She is SOOO paranoid about how big she is!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"