Trying to Get Pregnant

I'm sick of it!!! Just SICK of it!!! (vent)

I'm sick and tired of people getting pregnant with "surprise" babies!!! People keep telling me they're not trying then "Oh I'm going in for my first pre-natal appt tomorrow! That's right! There's a bun in my oven!"

Well good for friggin you... So glad you had an easy time. Now stop rubbing your smugness in my face and let me be... 9 cycles and still no baby... This is MADNESS!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.... I was literally about to toss my laptop across the room... this is my 4th friend to do this recently...

"For I know the plans I have for you,

Re: I'm sick of it!!! Just SICK of it!!! (vent)

• I hear ya! I'm trying to lay a little lower and take it a little easier this cycle and see how that works for me. It's so frustrating when you want it so bad and it's happening easily for everyone around you Crying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aw, sorry. That's tough. (hugs)
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you just experienced what I have been seeing for a good month now! It sucks!  Keep your head up and it will be your turn soon!

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecharlsie26:

I think you just experienced what I have been seeing for a good month now! It sucks!  Keep your head up and it will be your turn soon!

Oh this happens at least once every other month... It's awful...

Edit: I LOVE your wedding photos btw! Big Smile

• I totally know what you mean. I also hate when people say, "we weren't even trying." Well that makes me feel great that you can get pregnant without even trying, and I am going on my 6th cycle of trying everything possible.... Thank god it will be Friday in about a hour!
  • I feel ya... We are pretty much the only ones out of our whole group of friends that dont have kids. I'm really sick of people telling me to relax and enjoy it... No matter what its stressful... Boo

imageActingdiva09:

I'm sick and tired of people getting pregnant with "surprise" babies!!! People keep telling me they're not trying then "Oh I'm going in for my first pre-natal appt tomorrow! That's right! There's a bun in my oven!"

Well good for friggin you... So glad you had an easy time. Now stop rubbing your smugness in my face and let me be... 9 cycles and still no baby... This is MADNESS!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.... I was literally about to toss my laptop across the room... this is my 4th friend to do this recently...

• Mel, that chart looks promising!!
  • Honestly--I don't let it bother me. I realize this isn't the popular view on here, but since I was one of those "annoying" people who DID get pregnant without having to "try" with DS, I don't get as bothered by it. My cousin in law had just lost a pregnancy around the time I got KU, and some of my H's family/friends treated us like we should be ashamed that we accidently got pregnant--seriously?? We were excited to be pregnant, and everyone was acting like we should keep it a secret (we were requested to keep it "under wraps" i.e. not announce it until I was almost 15 wks along). I'm on my 5th cycle this time around, and I don't get bothered when I have friends/family that get KU w/o trying b/c I know they're not doing it to be malicious, and I shouldn't make them feel guilty b/c they had it easier than I'm having it right now. Chances are, you are misinterpreting their "smugness" for being excited to be expecting--just let them be.
  • imageActingdiva09:

imagecharlsie26:

I think you just experienced what I have been seeing for a good month now! It sucks!  Keep your head up and it will be your turn soon!

Oh this happens at least once every other month... It's awful...

Edit: I LOVE your wedding photos btw! Big Smile

Thank you, I am stuck at work right now going though them again just now too! It was a fun day and I love looking back at the pictures.  My husband is deployed right now, so they always make me smile when I get down about him being gone!

We had to put TTC on hold these last few months...and it makes me want this more than anything right now.  So I understand where your vent is coming from.  We can have our own little pity party!

imageimage
  • My husband and I just started trying last month.... I know someone it took them a year, and I know a girl that it took 9 years. This is so scary... That is what scares me the most, that i want it so bad and i cant see myself pregnant. Everyone tells you not to think about it, but its hard not to. I guess we just need to lay back and relax! Good luck to you!

• Im so sorry girl:( Im loving all the unwed teens who I know who keep getting KU Confused yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................................No
  • imagemegd06:
    Honestly--I don't let it bother me. I realize this isn't the popular view on here, but since I was one of those "annoying" people who DID get pregnant without having to "try" with DS, I don't get as bothered by it. My cousin in law had just lost a pregnancy around the time I got KU, and some of my H's family/friends treated us like we should be ashamed that we accidently got pregnant--seriously?? We were excited to be pregnant, and everyone was acting like we should keep it a secret (we were requested to keep it "under wraps" i.e. not announce it until I was almost 15 wks along). I'm on my 5th cycle this time around, and I don't get bothered when I have friends/family that get KU w/o trying b/c I know they're not doing it to be malicious, and I shouldn't make them feel guilty b/c they had it easier than I'm having it right now. Chances are, you are misinterpreting their "smugness" for being excited to be expecting--just let them be.

Your view point is really refreshing and helps put things in perspective.  I relate to what the other girls are saying, but its good for me to hear and understand this side too. Thanks!

• imageLakerchic7272:

imagemegd06:
    Honestly--I don't let it bother me. I realize this isn't the popular view on here, but since I was one of those "annoying" people who DID get pregnant without having to "try" with DS, I don't get as bothered by it. My cousin in law had just lost a pregnancy around the time I got KU, and some of my H's family/friends treated us like we should be ashamed that we accidently got pregnant--seriously?? We were excited to be pregnant, and everyone was acting like we should keep it a secret (we were requested to keep it "under wraps" i.e. not announce it until I was almost 15 wks along). I'm on my 5th cycle this time around, and I don't get bothered when I have friends/family that get KU w/o trying b/c I know they're not doing it to be malicious, and I shouldn't make them feel guilty b/c they had it easier than I'm having it right now. Chances are, you are misinterpreting their "smugness" for being excited to be expecting--just let them be.

Your view point is really refreshing and helps put things in perspective.  I relate to what the other girls are saying, but its good for me to hear and understand this side too. Thanks!

Glad I could help :) I understand too the frustration--really, I do--but I just think it's important to remember that while we may be feeling discouraged/upset--we have a friend who is going through an exciting time, and not try to "rain on their parade". (Disclaimer: I'm not saying in any way that if you need to separate yourself from their life for the time being, that that is wrong--just don't be a....crank...about it) :)

• I'm sorry.  I just found out about MH's co-worker whose wife is expecting.  They've been trying for a little while, but not as long as I have and they already have a kid who is about a year old and it hurt a little.

I haven't had a string of pregnancy announcements like you have, but earlier today on FB, I found out that a friend from high school just gave birth (didn't know she was pg--she hadn't said anything about being pg before).  And I have another HS friend that's KU (16 weeks now and posting baby bumps) and someone else that post newborn pics, so I stay away from FB now.  I sign on briefly every couple days, but try to just look at things directed towards me.   

• imageMelissa2216:

I'm sorry.  I just found out about MH's co-worker whose wife is expecting.  They've been trying for a little while, but not as long as I have and they already have a kid who is about a year old and it hurt a little.

I haven't had a string of pregnancy announcements like you have, but earlier today on FB, I found out that a friend from high school just gave birth (didn't know she was pg--she hadn't said anything about being pg before).  And I have another HS friend that's KU (16 weeks now and posting baby bumps) and someone else that post newborn pics, so I stay away from FB now.  I sign on briefly every couple days, but try to just look at things directed towards me.   

I might have to start doing this now...
  • I hear ya!!! I just had a close friend of mine take a PT in my own bathroom and come out screaming "I'm Pregnant!" REALLY?!?! I'm sick and tired of being the oldest, been married the longest, has the loving husband, been through so much only wife without kids... UGH!!! Oh and I hate ain't you trying to have kids questions too... Like YES!!! I'm trying but I don't need you in my busy to know it just hasn't happened... I feel you and I'm also sick and tired of everyone around me not trying and then BAMM they're preggo... Well I guess I gotta sit back and pray and tell myself for the 1,000+ times it will be me and my husband of 6 yrs turn real soon.. Well good luck with the TTC sending you baby dust ~~~~~ :)
  • I feel the same way you do! My friend is PG and DH and I had her and her boyfriend over for dinner the other day and she was saying things like "hurry up and get PG, my daughter needs a BFF!" and I just kept saying "we're working on it.." and then she started asking ?'s about what is going on and her boyfriend blurted out "haha we didn't have to do that, Honey! We didn't even try.", all I could think to myself was "No sh!t sherlock"

I know of about 5 people having "surprise" babies. It's definitely annoying to be trying for something you want so bad and not getting it but seeing people who don't want it, getting it. My best friend keeps telling me, "it's okay when you DO get PG, I expect you to be like "Ha! B!tches, looks who's PG now!?!!" LoL Makes me laugh every time.

We'll all have our time soon!! Stay positive (although I know it's hard) Hope you feel better!!!! :o)

* Lots and lots of Baby dust to all*

• imagekaraknr:
    Im so sorry girl:( Im loving all the unwed teens who I know who keep getting KU Confused yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.................................No

I'm not jealous of these people for an instant!! Had I been a pregnant teen I'm pretty sure I my education and current career would have been affected. I may want a baby, but I wouldn't want to trade lives with a teen mom!!

• Amen to that ! I had lunch with a girl friend the other day  who just found out she is pregs and went on and on about how bad her  her morning sickness is  and food cravings( she knows I am ttc) it was really hard not to get snappy . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • Hugs = ) I feel your pain.
  • Personally, I think they're full of *** and people just like to say that. It's been so hard for us, I just can't believe that this happens to people accidentally. I think they're uneducated about their bodies and need a clue.

• imageWifeofMrA:

Personally, I think they're full of *** and people just like to say that. It's been so hard for us, I just can't believe that this happens to people accidentally. I think they're uneducated about their bodies and need a clue.

wrong. Read my my post above. Who are you? I don't think I've seen your intro

• Sorry that you're feeling that way, it happens to the best of us from time to time I'm sure. I've been dealing with that with two friends who both have 3-6 month old babies and are bf'ing, and think they might be pregnant again, but don't want to be pregnant again so soon... but of course, they're not using any form of bc.... Some people are just annoying.
  • imageYa Never Know:
    Sorry that you're feeling that way, it happens to the best of us from time to time I'm sure. I've been dealing with that with two friends who both have 3-6 month old babies and are bf'ing, and think they might be pregnant again, but don't want to be pregnant again so soon... but of course, they're not using any form of bc.... Some people are just annoying.

This happened to 2 of my friends IN A ROW last year.

Both of them had had unplanned pregnancies the first time around, and while they were still bf'ing they both got KU. one after the other. Basicalliy as soon as the first one announced, a month later it was the next one. Then this other girl was KU with her first the first month she was "trying". Sigh.

But on the other hand, I have another friend who it took 2 years to get KU, of course her problem is that she only has sex about once a month (and she wasn't charting) so, no wonder.

Cycle 6 (with charting) for me starts today.

• Ugh, I completely agree. And on top of that it feels like every time I sign on to FB 2 more people are KU.....Maybe I need to reduce my friends on there, seriously! Hopeing this month is your month!!!!! Did you test this morning? Baby Dust to you!!!
    BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"