North Carolina Babies
Options

where to buy a twin mattress

think for DS's 2nd birthday my parents are going to get him a bed...at first we talked about just getting a toddler bed for now and using his crib mattress but my mom said maybe we should just get him a twin mattress and box spring and use a side rail. Where did you guys find had good prices on twin size mattresses...obviously he's a lil boy so he doesn't need something top of the line or fancy. we aren't going to move him just yet but we want to start looking for good prices and deals on twin beds!
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: where to buy a twin mattress

• Options
    i think we are getting one from IKEA.  my friend got her 2 and 3 year olds IKEA beds and mattresses, and she said the mattresses are really nice.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We'll probably get ours from BJ's, whenever we make the switch to a big girl bed (which will be awhile since we plan to convert the crib to a toddler bed first). They have nice ones for pretty cheap.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw them at BJs for $100 for the twin mattress and $90 for the box spring, I think they were Sealy's.  That's what we are planning to buy for Liam, unless I find something cheaper in the meantime! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We got Jocelyn's at OMF, and it is in our guest room right now. I don't know exactly how much it was, but I think around $300 or less I think with the box spring. DH wanted to get her a nicer/sturdy one (but not fancy) since she'll be growing up with it.

Costco sells them pretty cheap, they carry Serta there.

ETA: I just looked online and it was $319 WITH the box spring and it is a really quality mattress!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We bought ours at BJ's. It was $89 or $99 for just the mattress (we didn't need a box spring).  It's a great mattress and sleeps great. Also the bed rails worked really well (and still do) for our guy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"