Attachment Parenting
Options

Gordon Night Weaning Update

I asked about Dr. Jay Gordon's method over a week ago and didn't get too many responses from folks who had tried it, just posts from those who were interested in it so I wanted to update.

I have been blogging about it so you can read about the previous nine days.

Last night was our fourth night of the second step (don't really know how it's different from the third in how we night parent, but yeah..) He woke up twice last night. Both times he woke up I briefly patted him back and he rolled over and went back to sleep. I thought he was going to have a meltdown but there was no meltdown to be had, just fussing for a couple minutes. We are feeling really good about it and are hoping he continues with longer stretches so we can all get some sleep.

I also haven't had any pain/production issues which I was worried about.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image

Re: Gordon Night Weaning Update

• Options
    I'm so glad you are blogging about it! We will probably have to take this route at some point. Hope it continues to work out for you.
  • Options

imageEcoBaby:
    I'm so glad you are blogging about it! We will probably have to take this route at some point. Hope it continues to work out for you.

Agreed! Thank you for sharing your experiences. I know we'll probably be doing this in a few months as well.

Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're doing the refusal method right now. Basically I'm just telling Ari no milk till the sun comes up. He's been doing fairly well the last few nights & not even asking to nurse anymore. He only fussed briefly the 1st & 2nd night, which is a huge improvement from before. Then he slept till 4 for 3 nights, then the last 2 he's woken at 11:30 and 3:30 again. The 3:30 one he's just been staying up for an hour or two. I'm getting pretty frustrated. It's been hard to have DH help too b/c Ari's separation anxiety has been bad so he's back to getting beyond hysterical if DH tries to even look at him.

Anyway, glad your having some luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewebMistress0609:

We're doing the refusal method right now. Basically I'm just telling Ari no milk till the sun comes up. He's been doing fairly well the last few nights & not even asking to nurse anymore. He only fussed briefly the 1st & 2nd night, which is a huge improvement from before. Then he slept till 4 for 3 nights, then the last 2 he's woken at 11:30 and 3:30 again. The 3:30 one he's just been staying up for an hour or two. I'm getting pretty frustrated. It's been hard to have DH help too b/c Ari's separation anxiety has been bad so he's back to getting beyond hysterical if DH tries to even look at him.

Anyway, glad your having some luck! 

Aww that sucks. I hope his SA is brief and you can get some help. It's so hard when you are the sole night parent.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"