North Carolina Babies
Options

I need something to do!

The house is clean, the laundry is done, the dishwasher is empty, Ben is resting.

I can't do much because I'm already 4-5cm dilated, and we're trying to keep baby girl in for a little while longer.  I can't go any further than 15 minutes from the hospital because if my water breaks, I won't make it to deliver in the hospital!

Soooooooooooooooooo - I need something to do because right now, I'm just sitting here and it's driving me CRAZY!

Re: I need something to do!

• Options
    OMG. I just emailed Lala about you because she told me your story on Monday. You are one brave/strong woman! How about painting your nails, or if you can reach your toenails?? Read a magazine, watch trashy TV?? I would be dying if I were you, I can't wait to hear the good news when the baby does come. I am still in amazement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What 4-5cm already????  I didn't think you commenced operation eviction yet? Wish I had some good suggestions for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedbertagni:
    OMG. I just emailed Lala about you because she told me your story on Monday. You are one brave/strong woman! How about painting your nails, or if you can reach your toenails?? Read a magazine, watch trashy TV?? I would be dying if I were you, I can't wait to hear the good news when the baby does come. I am still in amazement!

Last night I was ready to stab someone!  I had 5 1/2 hours worth of contractions 2-5mins apart. The contractions are starting up again now...It's about that time of day.  I've never wished I had an iphone as much as I do now, because they have an app for tracking contractions.

It's frustrating, but it could be worse.  Who doesn't love an adventure?? 

• Options

4-5 cm!  Oh my!  I can't believe it's almost time to meet your sweet girl.  

If you haven't decided on a name for your DD, then maybe you can ponder on that for awhile. I know you had discussed that a few (okay, more than a few) months ago.

Seriously, though...maybe catch up on some tv?  

• Options

Forget watching tv, I don't know your story.  You can spend your down time sharing it.  Stick out tongue

• Options
    imageSpeedGlenn:

imagedbertagni:

Last night I was ready to stab someone!  I had 5 1/2 hours worth of contractions 2-5mins apart. The contractions are starting up again now...It's about that time of day.  I've never wished I had an iphone as much as I do now, because they have an app for tracking contractions.

It's frustrating, but it could be worse.  Who doesn't love an adventure?? 

I downloaded that app and had zero contractions - not a one!  If i didn't need my phone - I'd bring it down to you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagewithoutshoes:

Forget watching tv, I don't know your story.  You can spend your down time sharing it.  Stick out tongue

SORRY!  Friday I started having contractions about 3-5 minutes apart. After a couple of hours, I decided to take a trip to L&D to see what the poop was.  I got there and was 3cm.  They monitored me for an hour and checked again and I was 4cm.  They waited another hour and checked again and I was still 4cm, but went from 50% effaced to 60-70%.  They decided to admit me.  Once we got admitted, the contractions started to peter out.  She checked me again and I was closer to 5 than 4.  They wanted to monitor me overnight, but I knew I wouldn't sleep.  I was afraid that if the contractions started up again, that would mean I'd definitely have to stay and we'd be having a baby - so I wanted to get some decent rest, just in case.

I made it through the weekend sitting around.  Got all of our ducks in a row.  Made it to my Dr. Appt. on Monday. He said I was still hanging out at 4-5cm, but only 50% effaced.  I probably was more when I was checked in the hospital because I had been contracting all afternoon, and when the doc checked me, I hadn't had but a few.  I raised some concerns about since I was already half way to fully dilated, for all intents and purposes, that if my water broke on it's own that I wouldn't make it to the hospital.  He said, and I quote: "How far are you from the hospital again? Yeah, you can probably make it if you high-tail it, but it'll be close." Indifferent

After than, I had a fetal weight estimate. Evidently she's really long and skinny.  The midwife is guessing she'll be about the same weight as Ben was, give or take a little, but much skinnier and longer.

Basically, everyday starting around this time I start having contractions.  Last night, just as I was getting ready to make the decision to go to L&D, they stopped.  I'm half tempted to try to get in for a cervix check before the office closes, but I'm afraid it will just piss me off even more if there hasn't been any changes.

Soooooooo we wait.  And I live in fear of sneezing, pooping and lifting anything heavier than a piece of paper!

• Options
    I still can't get over the "oh I'm 5cm, I think I'll just gather my things and leave the hospital now" that is crazy!!! At least things are looking good for a quick labor!
  • Options
    Craziness!!  Sounds like labor should be quick!  How far along are you again?  I keep forgetting... you with no ticker!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Have you tried the 'ole glass of wine and climb in the bath thing to see if it helps with the contractions? 

I guess if I were you I'd just spend time enjoying some quiet time, paint my nails, shave my legs, get caught up on TV shows or reading, or find some trashy blogs/message boards and read all the crazy things that people say (feel free to email me if you need some entertaining links).

I hope you don't have to deal with many more days of stop and go contractions! 

• Options

imagedbertagni:
    I still can't get over the "oh I'm 5cm, I think I'll just gather my things and leave the hospital now" that is crazy!!! At least things are looking good for a quick labor!

The nurse almost didn't let me go. But the contractions stopped, so I was right in going home and resting.  They would have likely sent me home in the morning anyway.

I had a really fast labor with Ben, so we're predicting another Human Luge event on game day.  That's why we're so concerned over my water breaking on it's own. With Ben, I showed up for a doctor's appt. and never had a painful contraction and was 5-6cm and fully effaced.  Once he broke my water things moved VERY quickly.

• Options
    imageECUGirl2004:

Have you tried the 'ole glass of wine and climb in the bath thing to see if it helps with the contractions? 

I guess if I were you I'd just spend time enjoying some quiet time, paint my nails, shave my legs, get caught up on TV shows or reading, or find some trashy blogs/message boards and read all the crazy things that people say (feel free to email me if you need some entertaining links).

Last night I took a shower, and that's when they petered out.  I'm out of cheaper wine, otherwise I would have already poured some Stick out tongue

• Options

imagecmbrown:
    Craziness!!  Sounds like labor should be quick!  How far along are you again?  I keep forgetting... you with no ticker!!

I'm 37wks and change.

• Options

Wowza! What a past few days you've had. I vote for napping, since sleep will be out the window soon enough. Second choice would be making chocolate chip cookies, but that's just what I'd like to eat right now.

I've been meaning to email you to check in (bad friend) and say how much fun the shower was! 

• Options
    imagebobsbride2006:

Wowza! What a past few days you've had. I vote for napping, since sleep will be out the window soon enough. Second choice would be making chocolate chip cookies, but that's just what I'd like to eat right now.

I've been meaning to email you to check in (bad friend) and say how much fun the shower was! 

I'm so glad you came! It was great to see you.  I was thinking of making Pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls.

Maybe I'll do that. I think I have enough butter, but I'm not sure.

• Options
    If I lived closer I would bring you all my 2 buck chuck. You are a rock star for walking around at 5cm. I never even made it that far!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageSpeedGlenn:
    imageECUGirl2004:

Last night I took a shower, and that's when they petered out.  I'm out of cheaper wine, otherwise I would have already poured some Stick out tongue

Want me to bring you a bottle?

• Options
    Wow, you are getting sooo close!  I vote for baking something or napping!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We're off tonight. . .we could bring you some wine, too! I'd be too nervous your water would break and I'd wind up delivering your daughter (in which case you'd have to name her after me). You're a braver woman than I walking around at 5 cm!

Did I ever tell you about when I worked in an ER in Nicaragua when I was in med-school? Some woman came in and was in labor. We checked her and she was 9cm. They gave her a slip of paper saying she was admitted and told her to go to L&D. No wheelchair, just walked up 2 flights of stairs in labor at 9cm. Crazy. . ..like you ;)

• Options
    imagebobsbride2006:

We're off tonight. . .we could bring you some wine, too! I'd be too nervous your water would break and I'd wind up delivering your daughter (in which case you'd have to name her after me). You're a braver woman than I walking around at 5 cm!

Did I ever tell you about when I worked in an ER in Nicaragua when I was in med-school? Some woman came in and was in labor. We checked her and she was 9cm. They gave her a slip of paper saying she was admitted and told her to go to L&D. No wheelchair, just walked up 2 flights of stairs in labor at 9cm. Crazy. . ..like you ;)

Slhall and Bobs - Thanks for the wine offerings :) I'll send Bif out for some on his way home.

The good news is the contractions don't really hurt (most of the time) but the bad news is that's the way it was with Ben and I never knew I was in labor!  So things are a bit crazy.

When I checked into L&D, I sent Ben and Bif out for dinner and told them I'd call them when I knew something.  The lady that checked me in was all "Where is your husband?!?!"  I'm afraid that I'm going to have to drive myself there!!

And since we don't have a name yet, if you deliver her, that'd make things SO much easier.  My MIL spent the weekend with us because no one trusted me to be alone, and she was picking out some really interesting names. Confused

• Options
    Good gracious!  So, should we sign you up for the most amazing or craziest pregnant woman of the year?!  Personally, I'm leaning towards amazing.  I hope your DD stays where she is for a little while longer and you have a smooth and somewhat slow delivery! 
  • Options
    Wow..I had no idea you were that far along already.  Very exciting!  I hope you got some sleep last night and things start picking up soon (with you near the hospital!).  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"