Upstate NY Babies
Options

Is your baby/child the way you imagined (stolen from 3-6)

Is your LO how you imagine him/her to be?  Personality and looks wise?

I never really had a lot of expectations about Stella.  I knew that it was always going to be a crapshoot.  But I *hoped* for a laid back baby, and she is!  We'll see how laid back of a toddler she will be...

And I imagined that she would look like DH and have his eyes.  She is looking more like me now, but the resemblance between her and DH was uncanny in the beginning.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Is your baby/child the way you imagined (stolen from 3-6)

• Options

In terms of looks - no.  I thought my child would have darker skin and curlier, coarser hair.  I really didn't expect everyone to say "she looks so much like K" - lol!  It's a good thing though!

Personality wise, like you I didn't have many expectations.  I'm glad she is laid back and her stubborn streak doesn't surprise me.  I blame her mother for that ;-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't have many expectations either but I think she is better all around than I expected. She is just such a sweet, smart, funny girl! I couldn't have asked for any better! I feel so blessed! I hope she stays this way!! :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He is better!  He has the perfect mix of DH's laid back personality, and my more outgoing style.  I love that he has dark hair and blue eyes just like DH, and no upper lip just like me!  :)
  • Options
    DS #1 looks exactly like DH and is a grump when he wakes up (like me!) so I guess what I expected.  DS #2 looks nothing like either of us and is definitely not what I expected.  If we didn't see him in the delivery room I might think he got switched at birth.  I never in a million years thought I would have a baby with striking blue eyes and blond hair!  We don't have those features and neither do either sets of our parents.  He is really laid back and lately squeels really loud and wakes up super happy.  I don't know what gene pool he got!
  • Options

Looks-wise, she looks basically what we thought she would look like - she looks JUST like her daddy.

Personality-wise she has surprised us very much, the stubbornness is my karma for being an absolute stubborn child, but her activity level is nothing that me or DH had as a baby.  She is all over the place all the time - I'm nervous about how shes going to be as she gets older!  Our babysitter calls her "my little tornado"

• Options

I did kind of picture if it was a girl she would look like DH and a boy he would look like me.  Can't comment on the boy thing.  But as for her looking like DH, she really does.  Even more than I thought she would.  Her hair is curly though, which I didn't expect.  Mine is curly, although it was stick straight as a kid and didn't turn curly until middle school.  But my dad's is curly and DH's brother's is curly, so it is in her genes.

Personality, to be honest I don't know what I thought it would be like.  And I can't picture it any different.

• Options

Looks.. heck no.. Before she was born I said she was going to look like either my SIL or my niece.. They were both very blonde/fair.. and my neice was totally bald. I fully expected her to be bald. I thought they were lying when they told me she had a full head of dark hair when she was coming out. Eve was born DARK. Dark hair, even her skin and eyes were dark.. and she looked like ME. I never considered the fact that she might look like me.. She looks more like her daddy as she gets older.. but nope. not how i pictured her at all. I definitley thought I'd have a blondy..

Personality.. I don't know what i expected.. I definitely didn't expect the part of her that gives hugs 2000 times a day and loves people.. cuz umm.. she's my kid. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

Looks wise- yes. Except I never knew he'd get my curly hair. I feel like he got "the good" about each of our appearances and is just a little heartbreaker.

Personality wise, he was just like I was as a newborn- super easy going. Once he got a little older, I never thought I'd have a baby with such severe separation anxiety. It really made me look at my own personality and come to terms that he IS like DH and I because we tend to keep people at arms length & are really only affectionate with Justin & each other. I guess I never pictured him as a toddler and I wouldn't change a thing. He can be relaxed/laid back like DH and watch a movie or read tons of books. Then some days he just never sits still, is in to everything and can be pretty darn bossy... reminds me of me <blushing>.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really had no idea what I expected.  I just pictured him being perfect, and he is!  He looks like I expected...I was bald until I was 2 1/2 so I knew he'd have hair issues.  And he did....he didn't get a haircut until he was about 20 months old.  He's much more laid back than I thought a little boy could be and he's so much smarter!  I love everything about him!  I just hope our next baby is just as perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"