High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Growth u/s

My MFM has decided that they want to see me regularly (every couple of weeks) for growth u/s.  If you had these, at what point did they decide that bedrest or early induction was needed?  Falling behind the charts by a certain amount?  % change week to week? 

Just curious. 

Re: Growth u/s

• Options
    with my son they didnt put me on bedrest they induced me at 37wks and i had my son3days later he was 4.3 but he was perfectly fine
  • Options

The short answer to your question, it will be a number of factors, not just growth, that will probably make me end up on bed rest.

Long answer - I'm getting growth u/s every four weeks.  At my 18 week appt. LO was measuring 50%, 2 days ahead.  At 22 weeks, he was no longer ahead but measuring 63%.  We are going to begin tracking from that point, not 18 weeks.  If it's a slow and steady decline, no worries.  Probably no concern until baby hits below 10% or makes a very quick drop from 63% to 10% in four weeks.  Even then, if my blood pressure was remaining stable, it would depend.  However, all that said, my son declined in growth, but his head stopped growing.  Anything like that would be monitored closely outside of his overall growth and could result in bed rest.  Because, apparently, it's quite rare for a baby's head growth to drop off the charts, I'm told they naturally spare growth head and reduce other areas when under stress.  This didn't happen with my son.  So we're prepared to monitor it closely this time around.  It's all just up in the air.  And every doctor is different.  In fact, I get two different answers between the two MFMs I see in clinic. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"