New to The Bump
Options

Heart problem?

Yesterday, I went in for my anatomy sonogram...and the baby measured out perfect, the organs were right on and her heart rate was strong @ 140...AND she was crazy active the entire time. However, the after the doctor went over the ultrasound pictures, she was concerned about the heart...that one of the upper chambers was larger than it was supposed to be. She referred me to a pediatric cardiologist for a second opinion. I tried to have her explain it to me, but she was very soft spoken and had a very very thick accent, making it hard to understand her. So even though I had her explain a couple of times, i feel like i didn't get enough information (plus the fact that i was very upset). She didn't even give me a medical term for what she saw! 
I had a late appointment, on a Friday, so I couldn't call and make an appointment at the cardiologists, so my hands are tied until Monday, and Google isn't yielding any results, so i figured i would make a post to see if any of you ladies out there have heard of this? Or have been through it? I really don't know what to do but to try not to be negative...but i'm a little scared, cause otherwise she seems very active and healthy! Thanks for reading =) 

Re: Heart problem?

• Options

She's probably being overly cautious.

Call the dr back Monday and have her walk you through it again until you fully understand it. Then call for your followup.

GL

• Options

Here's to hoping she was just being cautious and this doctor is way better, but i have an appt Wednesday at 1.  Fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"