Michigan Babies
Options

Doula?

Budgies16Budgies16 member
edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

Is anyone using a Doula they would recommend? I want a fully natural birth... I just found out I am pregnant this morning and I would love to hear any insight and advice on a mid-wife vs. a hosptial/dr birth.

Excited to hear advice!

Re: Doula?

• Options

I contracted with Gretchen Worcester (g.worcester@comcast.net) this spring to be my doula. She fully supports natural childbirth, but isn't pushy if you choose to get an epidural. I remember her saying that about half her clients end up getting epidurals, I think?

As it turns out, I went into labor almost 3 weeks early, and Gretchen was in Arizona at the time, so she didn't actually attend my birth... Had great interactions with her before the birth, though, and her pricing was by far the most reasonable, I thought.

Also my neighbor and friend is named Katharine Broberg and she was a birth doula in Chicago for a long time before moving to GR. Not sure if she's still accepting clients, but she's wonderful. Both Katharine and Gretchen are DONA certified. Send me a msg. if you'd like Katharine's contact info.

• Options
    Oh and by the way CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ashleigh,

Thanks so much for the info! I will def. look them both up. I'd love to have your friends contact info as well so that I can contact her. 

Ok, so I am really new at thebump... how do you message directly? :)

Thanks! And congrats yourself on your new baby! What did you have? And what's the baby's name. (I'd love to hear your birth story if you don't mind). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"