Indiana Babies
Options

Waaaaah. CD mamas, can I vent?

After Ella's persistent, horrible rash, I took your suggestion and did a bleach cycle.

[Background - she'd get a bad rash, it would clear up with lots of cream and sposies, and then within 48 hours of being back in cloth it would come back.]

I think I may have missed one or two dipes that were still in her day care bag, because this week after being in cloth for five days, her rash came back with a vengeance yesterday.

When will this end? I did another bleach cycle with the dipes she wore the last two days, but now I'm paranoid that it's not working.

I'm thisclose to throwing in the towel and switching to sposies permanently.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Waaaaah. CD mamas, can I vent?

• Options

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this!  It can be so frustrating and you feel so bad for the little buns it's happening to.

I'm sure that you did, but did you make sure to do all the wetbags, wipes, liners, and anything else that you use to CD?  If it's yeast, it may be living in those things as well.  I even bleached the towels and washcloths that we use to wash and dry her after her bath.

What kind of rash cream are you using?  I picked up a GroVia magic stick last weekend and so far it's been working great at keeping away rashes and clearing up minor ones.

I hope it gets better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If it were me, I would run EVERYTHING through again.  If you don't want to use bleach again, you could try the sanitary cycle.  The sanitary cycle killed my stink issue I was having a while back.  I'd then sun them.  I'd include wipes, wet bags, pail liners, liners, everything. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My only issue with doing everything is that I'm worried the bleach will ruin the colored stuff (wipes, towels, wetbags, etc).

So when you say "sanitary cycle", do you think my "clean washer/bleach only" cycle is the same thing?

• Options
    Oh, and we're using the prescription miracle butt cream - it's 1/3 nystatin, 1/3 maalox, and 1/3 desitin. It works well but is not CD safe.
  • Options

No, the clean washer setting is definitely not the same. 

My washer has a separate sanitary setting.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not a CD-er, but can you boil the wet stuff, to disinfect without ruining the colors?  This is a total stab in the dark.  Experiment before you follow my crazy advice, lols! 

Oh, and when we had yeast diaper rash, lotrimin cream (for athlete's foot) worked WONDERS.  Have no idea if it is CD safe, though.  Seriously cleared it up in a single day of using it!

Poor little bum....

• Options
    imageamstep:

I'm not a CD-er, but can you boil the wet stuff, to disinfect without ruining the colors?  This is a total stab in the dark.  Experiment before you follow my crazy advice, lols! 

Oh, and when we had yeast diaper rash, lotrimin cream (for athlete's foot) worked WONDERS.  Have no idea if it is CD safe, though.  Seriously cleared it up in a single day of using it!

Poor little bum....

We actually do use Lotrimin underneath the other stuff. It does work!

• Options
    Just a thought but maybe it is the detergent you're using? Weren't you using Charlie's Soap? I've heard that can cause rashes/burns. Before throwing in the towel, if the bleaching doesn't work, maybe try switching detergents? I really Allen's, we've had no problems.
  • Options

Lauren, I missed your OP, but have noticed the same thing when I put Stella in the CDs. It is ok to run the covers and insterts through with bleach? It didn't discolor them? I may need to try this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"