Detroit Babies

Diaper of Choice

For the moms out there, what's your diaper of choice? DH and I are thinking about starting to buy a box of diapers every other time to the grocery, but I am curious what the moms have found to be the best diaper.

Re: Diaper of Choice

• When he was a newborn, the Pampers Swaddles were the best.   When he outgrew those, I found Huggies were nice.  When he was about 3 months old, I found Target generic brand were good.  After about 5 months old, I like the Luvs diapers.   And I use Huggies Overnights at nighttime because when he sleeps through the night, he won't leak.   So, for now, I would just pick up a few boxes of Pampers Swaddlers.   You will find that it's all trial and error with diapers.  So I wouldn't start buying them yet.  I would however note how much each diaper is and where they are so you can make informed decisions on prices at a later time.  Do this with formula too. 

• i would reccommend pampers swaddlers and then after that pampers cruisers.  The are by far the best- all the other diapers we experimented with leaked or didn't absorb as well as the pampers.
  • Loading the player...
  • We only used pampers swaddlers then we graduated to pampers cruisers.. Everything else leaked like crazy for us..

• We do cloth - BumGenius 3.0.  If you are ever in Ann Arbor, definitely check out the selection at Tree City Diapers.  We never thought we'd want to cloth diaper, and now we are so glad that we did.

When we do use sposies, we think the Pampers Swaddlers are okay.  They don't seem to hold as much as the BumGenius though.

• Pampers Swaddlers then Pampers Cruisers.
    I definitely wouldnt recommend buying too many diapers before the baby is born. You never know what is going to work out for you or what size they will be in or for how long.
  • We do cloth too and it's not much work at all, we actually really enjoy it! We use Tiny Tush and BumGenius, Blueberry minkys and some others and they work great, very soft and SO cute! For non-cloth we bought the Kirkland brand or Huggies, whichever is cheaper at Costco. Really anything but Luvs or Rite Aid brand - very bad. GL and congrats! :)
  • I love Luvs now that they have stretchy sides like Pampers and Huggies.  You can almost always get a coupon for them at Target online and if you buy a big box of them there is another coupon inside.  You can use both at Target at the same time, so I can get them for very cheap.  That's important when you're diapering 2 kids!
  • Instead of buying diapers in advance - every time I go to Target/Walmart/Sams Club I buy a $25 gift card for myself to use on diaper, wipes, etc. after the baby is born. This way after the baby is born I can try different types but have already have most of them paid for.
  • Cloth, baby!  We use Bum Genius & Fuzzi Buns.  There is a store in Northville that sells cloth.  Um... website is www.naturalbabies.com.

In the beginning, we used Swaddlers & liked those WAY more than anything else.  Now, however, if DS is @ MILs, she will use Seventh Generation.

• Pampers Swaddlers then Pampers Cruisers.  Most of the others just feel too plastic-y.  The Earth's Best dye-free ones are good but they kind of fit funny. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • For my 6 month old, we're using Pampers Swaddlers.  For my 2 year old, during the day we use Pampers Dry and then at night we use White Cloud.  White Cloud let's him stay dry until the morning's diaper change - it can hold a lot!!

• GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing cloth as well, and can't wait to get out to Tree City to attend their cloth workshop on Nov 1st :) ?

Have you heard of the cool new place called Baby Buttles? ?www.babybuttles.com ...they're a local diaper delivery service, for all those that are queasy about washing your own diapers! ?I'm definitely registering for this service for the first few weeks!!?

• We're using gdiapers.  They are 1/2 cloth and 1/2 flushable/compostable.  The flushable part is a liner that goes in the cloth diaper.  You can get them at Wholefoods and other health stores or online.  The cloth covers are adorable too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"