Michigan Babies
Options

Cannot believe...

How many people are out there!  And there's a lot of us due this fall!  What is everyone's maternity plans?    Are you working up until delivery day?  Staying at home after baby arrives?  And who else is excited that its finally fall and the weather has cooled down some? lol

I'll be taking an extended leave, probably wont be going back until March or April.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cannot believe...

• Options

I am in my third year of law school; however, I am only taking two classes (5 hrs.) this semester so I will be home with the baby for all but 1.5 hr/3 times a week.  DH will be able to be with the baby during those times.  I will take 2 weeks off completely after LO arrives as well. 

I am super excited about the temps dropping!  Fall is my FAVORITE season anyways.  Yay for awesome weather, beautiful leaves, college football (Go Irish!) and fall babies!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am LOVING this weather!  This is my favorite time of year anyway so I'm just happy in general.  So nice to be cooler and more comfortable.

I'm planning on working pretty much right up until I go into labor.  I am a Property Manager so I work and live in the same complex, so it's almost the same as being at home anyway.  I hope to be able to quit my job and stay at home with him but we're waiting to see if a few things pan out for us in the coming weeks that would make it feasible for me to do so. Otherwise, I'll take my 6-8 weeks off and then come back to work. I plan on breastfeeding and bringing a pack n play so he can be here with me because the cost of daycare is ridiculous!  I'm grateful that I have a casual work environment that allows me to bring him to work if need be.   

On another note, I was furious to discover that my maternity leave is 100% unpaid.  I am still in shock about it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am at MSU. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm working up until delivery date if at all possible. I work for a small (estate planning) law firm in Okemos, do not have FMLA, and am the primary breadwinner for DH and I. 

I have already trained a unpaid intern how to do the many different aspects of my job and have a new law clerk starting this week who I will be able to pass some of my more complicated probate cases off onto them and the attorneys *lol*.I have also wrote manuals on how to do the six different aspects of my job because frankly- I have been the only one handling these aspects and even though the attorneys may be a little involved, none of them really know who to do the items I handle from start to finish.

They are talking about putting me on 'lay off' status so I do have an income- which I am fine with. I have been searching for other jobs anyhow, and assisting my DH with his own job search as I would really like to stop paying for health insurance completely out of pocket!

and Yes I LOVE it being fall! bring on the football, apples, cider, and donuts!

• Options

I plan on working up until I deliver, if possible.  I do office work all day at a desk and I have already started training someone some aspects of my job.  Hoping they can catch on before I leave.  I'm planning on taking 6-8 weeks off with FMLA, so, I will get 60% of my pay - which is better than nothing.  Then I will come back to work full time.  By the time I come back to work my MIL will be retired and we have a friend who is also retired from teaching.  So, we will have 3 babysitters at hand - which is very nice to have.  :-)

I'm so happy it has started to cool off!  It's been so horrible being pregnant and it being such a hot summer!  I feel like I missed the whole summer since I was inside for most of it. 

• Options

I work at a job that is half behind a desk and half out at construction sites/'the field'. I get a 6 week maternity leave (8 if I have a C-section), then plan on taking two weeks of vacation for 8 weeks off. That leaves me with 3 weeks of vacay left and then I take nothing unpaid. Spouse has his own business in construction that gets slow in the winter and I carry health/life insurance.

I do plan on working up until delivery but I know it'll be a daily struggle to make myself go in!

I am ECSTATIC that it's finally fall! It's my favorite season and that last heat stretch in August had me detesting summer. Bring on the sweaters and bonfires!

• Options
    imagejnc07x3:

I'm working up until delivery date if at all possible. I work for a small (estate planning) law firm in Okemos, do not have FMLA, and am the primary breadwinner for DH and I. 

Sounds familiar...I'm the primary breadwinner for us as well.  Doesn't help that none of my maternity leave is paid whatsoever, so once I use up my PTO I will have zero income the rest of the time.  But from what I understand, I guess that's pretty common???  Just kind of feels like I'm being punished for having a baby, doesn't seem fair! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"