Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

lack of PMS symptoms... can this be a pregnancy symptom?

Re: lack of PMS symptoms... can this be a pregnancy symptom?

• Options
    This might be the dumbest argument ever.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:

imageNikkiBenzo:

People who don't know the definition of brag vs. stating a fact are... well you can fill in the blanks.

Please fill them in for me. I am too stupid.

What was your dissertation topic?

You don't do a dissertation in law school... and if you are asking me to fill in the blanks I guess I would go with ... well, this is a hard one because I don't want to insult you like you did me - then I would be stooping and also, I don't know you so I don't want to be presumptuous.

Nice try, Nikki. I don't believe for one second that you went to law school. I also don't believe loooots of other things you have said. But, hey, we all have opinions, right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't say that I've ever seen an attorney refer to themselves as having a doctorate. I know that's technically what it is, but show off much?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

Obvious =/= outstanding or prominent. What is your doctorate in?

And if the facts are prominent then she should have included them since they are important...... Try again.

Law - I have a Juris Doctor. I guess it is a matter of interpretation whether obvious = outstanding or prominent - If I had a prominent nose - it would mean to me that it was the largest part of my face = my nose would be obvious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • Options

TEAM ATL.

TEAM LOPES.

• Options

imageatlb685:
    OMFG.  Please don't complain about your "irregular" 28-35 day cycles. And lurk for a bit. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test if you think you are.

Umm I did not hear any "complaining" in that. She stated facts. Exaggerate much? 

• Options
    imageHoneyBee111409:

imageatlb685:
    OMFG.  Please don't complain about your "irregular" 28-35 day cycles. And lurk for a bit. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. Take a test if you think you are.

Umm I did not hear any "complaining" in that. She stated facts. Exaggerate much? 

Aaaaand another reading comprehension FAIL. The emphasis of my statement is on irregular.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:

And if the facts are prominent then she should have included them since they are important...... Try again.

Law - I have a Juris Doctor. I guess it is a matter of interpretation whether obvious = outstanding or prominent - If I had a prominent nose - it would mean to me that it was the largest part of my face = my nose would be obvious.

Right but it wouldnt be prominent bc it was obvious,it would be prominent because it is largest feature on your face, but bc it is on your face it would also be obvious. Correlation, not synonomous. If one of my breasts were larger than the other and I wore a prosthetic so you couldn't tell the larger breast would still be the prominent one,it just wouldn't be obvious because you can't tell.......

• Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    I can't say that I've ever seen an attorney refer to themselves as having a doctorate. I know that's technically what it is, but show off much?

not trying to show off - I don't practice anymore - Just trying to defend the op because it makes me sick to read the attacks on people EVERY DAY!!  Why would my level of education be showing off? I didn't say that I live in a mansion because I have a doctorate... that would be showing off.

Also - I really don't hear my doctor refer to herself as having a doctorate - but she does... I don't get your point. Do you mean because we don't say Dr. Smith when we are lawyers?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
  • Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:

imageNikkiBenzo:

People who don't know the definition of brag vs. stating a fact are... well you can fill in the blanks.

Please fill them in for me. I am too stupid.

What was your dissertation topic?

You don't do a dissertation in law school... and if you are asking me to fill in the blanks I guess I would go with ... well, this is a hard one because I don't want to insult you like you did me - then I would be stooping and also, I don't know you so I don't want to be presumptuous.

Nice try, Nikki. I don't believe for one second that you went to law school. I also don't believe loooots of other things you have said. But, hey, we all have opinions, right?

You must have mistaken me for someone who cares what you believe.

• Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    This might be the dumbest argument ever.

I agree with you - don't know how I get sucked in EVERY time...

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:

imageheather_09_15_07:

not trying to show off - I don't practice anymore - Just trying to defend the op because it makes me sick to read the attacks on people EVERY DAY!!  Why would my level of education be showing off? I didn't say that I live in a mansion because I have a doctorate... that would be showing off.

Also - I really don't hear my doctor refer to herself as having a doctorate - but she does... I don't get your point. Do you mean because we don't say Dr. Smith when we are lawyers?

Why bring it up if not to show off? What was the point of saying it?

• Options
    imageatlb685:
    imageHoneyBee111409:

imageatlb685:

Aaaaand another reading comprehension FAIL. The emphasis of my statement is on irregular.

You are the reading comprehension failure - because the point that you were making was that she was complaining about her irregular periods - whether your emphasis was on "irregular" does not negate the fact that you said she was complaining when she was not.

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

Right but it wouldnt be prominent bc it was obvious,it would be prominent because it is largest feature on your face, but bc it is on your face it would also be obvious. Correlation, not synonomous. If one of my breasts were larger than the other and I wore a prosthetic so you couldn't tell the larger breast would still be the prominent one,it just wouldn't be obvious because you can't tell.......

That is a very good analogy - I see your point. I agree with your reasoning on that one - I still say that it could be subjective how it is used.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:

OMG I can't believe you guys are fighting about this, but I have to jump in here, Nikki.  

If you're talking about physical characteristics then yes, a prominent anything might also be obvious to others.  But the word prominent was used to refer to medical history.  My doctor asks me about prominent background information...meaning important, noteworthy, etc.  If it's something intangible, prominent =/= obvious.  If it did, my doctor wouldn't have to ask me anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

That is a very good analogy - I see your point. I agree with your reasoning on that one - I still say that it could be subjective how it is used.

But clearly Patty was using the definition of salient as relevant and most important. Which that fact was. If her cycles were always 28 to early 30 days we could say well maybe you O'd late and you have no way of knowing. Had she said upfront sometimes they are 60 some days we could have told her that,or that maybe she was having an annovulatory cycle and since she has 60 some day cycles before she needs to wait it and discuss them with her doctor now that she is TTC. Advice differs based on information provided. And clearly by stating what days she banged it out but not all her cycle info, OP was fishing.

• Options
    imageMelissa2216:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

OMG I can't believe you guys are fighting about this, but I have to jump in here, Nikki.  

If you're talking about physical characteristics then yes, a prominent anything might also be obvious to others.  But the word prominent was used to refer to medical history.  My doctor asks me about prominent background information...meaning important, noteworthy, etc.  If it's something intangible, prominent =/= obvious.  If it did, my doctor wouldn't have to ask me anything.

<3<3

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imageatlb685:
    imageHoneyBee111409:

imageatlb685:

You are the reading comprehension failure - because the point that you were making was that she was complaining about her irregular periods - whether your emphasis was on "irregular" does not negate the fact that you said she was complaining when she was not.

Well, she certainly wasn't joyful about it, was she? My point still stands. That is NOT an irregular cycle length, and we can't tell her if she is pregnant.

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

But clearly Patty was using the definition of salient as relevant and most important. Which that fact was. If her cycles were always 28 to early 30 days we could say well maybe you O'd late and you have no way of knowing. Had she said upfront sometimes they are 60 some days we could have told her that,or that maybe she was having an annovulatory cycle and since she has 60 some day cycles before she needs to wait it and discuss them with her doctor now that she is TTC. Advice differs based on information provided. And clearly by stating what days she banged it out but not all her cycle info, OP was fishing.

Agreed. I really don't want to argue over this anymore - I will admit that the only reason I posted anything about the word salient was to try to be b!tchy because I hate that people get attacked for no good reason all the time and I was trying, albeit not so well, to let people see how it felt to be attacked for no good reason. Then - I wound up getting attacked for no good reason - as usual. I guess it is hopeless - people are what they are.

• Options

Overlooking everything else that happened in this post, because frankly it made my already foggy head hurt worst, this is for the op:

To answer your question, when I was KU with my son, I didn't have any sort of PMS symptom, I had nothing in fact. With my m/c in April, I felt like AF was coming any moment. Each pregnancy is different, even for the same person. So your question is rather irrelevant, because something that may not be the case for you, maybe for another person. The only way you will know is to POAS and get a BFP.

If you go into your doctor's for blood work, it is useless and you are waisting everyones time. Please wait until you get to 60 days w/o a period or BFP before going in.

Finally, if you are going to jump all over people because you did not put all the valuable info, this may not be the place for you. Big girl panties are a must on here. We don't mean to flame newbies but when you see the same question for the 100th time in 3 days and you are dealing with yet another problem in your TTC journey, it is not always easy to stay nice. Stick around a bit, and you will get it.

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

Agreed. I really don't want to argue over this anymore - I will admit that the only reason I posted anything about the word salient was to try to be b!tchy because I hate that people get attacked for no good reason all the time and I was trying, albeit not so well, to let people see how it felt to be attacked for no good reason. Then - I wound up getting attacked for no good reason - as usual. I guess it is hopeless - people are what they are.

Oh, no no, I knew why you said that. Which is why I responded. You attacked Patty and for what? You weren't attacked "for no good reason" you were attacked because you were doing exactly what you are complaining about. Pot meet kettle. It would behoove you to stop being a martyr, no one here thinks its becoming.

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

Oh, no no, I knew why you said that. Which is why I responded. You attacked Patty and for what? You weren't attacked "for no good reason" you were attacked because you were doing exactly what you are complaining about. Pot meet kettle. It would behoove you to stop being a martyr, no one here thinks its becoming.

Exactly - I just said that. I said that I only attacked her to try to show what it was like to be attacked for no good reason. Calling me a liar about whether I have a doctorate was not germane to the original argument, that is why I said I was attacked for no good reason. I am hardly being a martyr - if I was I would not still be here. I would have posted and run.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

Exactly - I just said that. I said that I only attacked her to try to show what it was like to be attacked for no good reason. Calling me a liar about whether I have a doctorate was not germane to the original argument, that is why I said I was attacked for no good reason. I am hardly being a martyr - if I was I would not still be here. I would have posted and run.

Annnnd I'm done because you are also obviously confused on the definition martyr.

• Options
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:
    imagecantalopes24:
    imageNikkiBenzo:

Annnnd I'm done because you are also obviously confused on the definition martyr.

• Options

imageNikkiBenzo:

You stating that you "have a doctorate" had nothing to do with the original argument. Do I think you are a liar? Yes. Was it relevant to the OP? No. Was it relevant to your own statement? Yes.

And, umm, do you know what a martyr is?

• Options
    imageatlb685:

imageNikkiBenzo:

You stating that you "have a doctorate" had nothing to do with the original argument. Do I think you are a liar? Yes. Was it relevant to the OP? No. Was it relevant to your own statement? Yes.

And, umm, do you know what a martyr is?

I do know what a martyr is - are we going to argue about that now too?

The only reason why I mentioned that I had a doctorate was because intelligence was being called into question - regarding whether I knew the definition of salient without Google. I was defending myself. Also, why do you find it so difficult to believe that I have a doctorate - do you think that only people without a doctorate post on here?

• Options
    Oh ffs. There are a lot of stupid lawyers out there. Not saying you are one, but this argument is just dumb.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    Oh ffs. There are a lot of stupid lawyers out there. Not saying you are one, but this argument is just dumb.

You must have been reading my mind because I was just going to post that just because I am a lawyer and have a doctorate doesn't mean I am necessarily smart but I appreciate the assumption that I was 'showing off'.

It really is dumb. I apologize for all the drama - can we just get over it and move on? I was wrong - I shouldn't have said anything about salient...

• Options

Now THIS is an all-time TTGP low. Arguing about the true definitions of words and whether or not having a doctorate means something. I think it's time for me to bust out an old favorite:

***THIS THREAD IS OVER.*** DO NOT RESPOND ANY MORE!!!!!!!!

Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • Options
    imageSaucyRedhead:

Now THIS is an all-time TTGP low. Arguing about the true definitions of words and whether or not having a doctorate means something. I think it's time for me to bust out an old favorite:

LOL! Love it.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageSaucyRedhead:

I was just about to do this, too. Stick out tongue

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageSaucyRedhead:

Ummmm, it's a blog, duh. NFT.

• Options
    I hate you all.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Probably better neither of you are parents.
  • Options
    Valie18Valie18 member
    edited September 2013
    Probably better neither of you are parents.
    Go away @lissettejimenez.

• Options
    I couldn't resist...

atlb said:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imagecburitz:

Okay, I said my cycles are TYPICALLY between 28-35 days... they range anywhere between 28-62 days and they are different every time. So yes, I do consider that irregular. And so does my doctor. I do not understand why you need to be rude. I was just curious if anyone had ever heard that lack of PMS symptoms= pregnant. Obviously, the only way I could tell if I am pregnant is by taking a test. I'm not stupid.

So thanks for being so welcoming to this board. I appreciate it

You go so specific as to tell us when you boned, yet you failed to mention that salient point. Interesting. 

If you put on some big girl panties and stick around for more than about a week, you will go back and realize how ridiculous this question was.  

I said my cycles are irregular but are typically between 28-35 days! What do you mean that I forgot to mention that point? You think that I am childish and yet you use the word "boned"? Nice.

Oh snap! You got me. 

You had intercourse on those days and shared it with us, yet left out that your life is peppered with 62 day cycles. 

This is still an incredibly stupid question.  

I think Antoine says it best...

snuff9861 said:
    I'm taking this as my cue to go to bed. Seriously a post that is 3 years old? How do these trolls even FIND these posts. Ain't nobody got time for that. Or they enjoy doing the most boring google searches ever.

imageimage

• Options
    I was wondering why I didn't recognize any of the names...
  • Options
    damn you sort by most recent activity!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Interesting bump from 3 years ago... I think I lost a few brain cells reading it though.

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"