Postpartum Depression
Options

It's Official.. I have PPD..now on Zoloft

my OB said i was rating on the high end for ppd after talking to me and my history and them looking at a survery I took today.. I started my Zoloft today..

How long does it take meds to start working?

ughhh i can't wait to be better.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: It's Official.. I have PPD..now on Zoloft

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I started taking Zoloft and with in about 3 or 4 days I noticed a remarkable improvement. I don't think my experience is normal though. My Dr. said it would take more like 3 weeks. I react very strongly to Zoloft though, I've taken other antidepressants before and none have made such a drastic difference. I hope it works as well for you.
  • Options
    I am not on Zoloft, but my therapist recommended I consider a low dose of it. In the meantime, I've decided to try non-medicated ways to cope, like eating better, less sugar, no caffeine, taking an Omega-3 supplement every day, getting 20-30 mins of exercise daily, getting outside each day, and taking more time for myself and leaving the baby with my husband while I find some way to unwind alone once in a while. I have no idea whether these things will help, but they can't hurt I guess, until I decide what to do about meds. Just thought I'd throw that out there--maybe while you wait for the meds to really kick in, you should try exercising and watching what you eat/drink. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It didnt take on me because of how bad my anxiety is so I switched to prozac but it is the best choice esp for BF mommies. Just wanted to comment on how weird it is that almost all women on this site are c section  mommies (like myself). But good luck. Also try therapy.......small things they recommend can help a bunch. as long as you love your LO it will work out.......PROMISE. Meds just take time. Your a good mom for getting help
  • Options
    LOL.  Karma, baby!!
    "Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"