Trying to Get Pregnant

Obviously, because I don't have a baby girl, I missed the memo

that must have come out recently, about how it is now mandatory to put giant, oversized daisies, bows, and other random ridiculous-looking headgear on your child.

I thought baby head garters were considered passe`?  Some may even say... *whispers*... trashy? 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Re: Obviously, because I don't have a baby girl, I missed the memo

• i think they are adorable

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have a girl but never did headbands or big bows. Now I do small clips to hold the hair out of her eyes and possibly a pony tail with a little bow but that gets ripped out. I think they look cute for photos but never did it myself!
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Even the giant ones? Some of these flowers are nearly the size of the baby's head itself! LOL. 
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I actually like them. I think they are cute and make girls look like girls. JMO though
  • Well, I don't think that it's any of my, or anyone else's business how someone dresses their child.

And if people care how I will dress my child, they can kiss my ass.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not at all a fan of these giant headbands/flowers/bows, but I'm usually in the minority with this one...
  • image*lovemypups*:

Well, I don't think that it's any of my, or anyone else's business how someone dresses their child.

Yes  Agreed.

DD born 07/2011 DD due 11/18/2013
  • To each their own.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Who cares?  If you don't like them, if you have a girl, I promise you will not be forced to have her to wear them.

BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I like the decent-sized ones and, like pp, think it makes them more girly.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Wasn't there a lady who had a pic with her DD wearing a huge flower on her head her recently and was made fun of quite a bit for it?

I do like headbands, but when the flower is half the size of the baby's head, I find it a bit over the top I must say. But to each their own. Smile

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• image*lovemypups*:

Well, I don't think that it's any of my, or anyone else's business how someone dresses their child.

This!  Why are you worried about what other people's kids are wearing anyway....and I don't ever see how a baby can look "trashy"

• YesYes

image*lovemypups*:

• I dont mind them, but some are a little on the large side for my taste.  

From my experience, I have to keep the bow size to a minimum......anything over 2 inches and my kid is ripping it out of her hair and it's going straight into her mouth.  I guess she doesn't notice the smaller bows.  

That being said, I never leave the house without a bow in her hair.  IDK, it feels like part of her outfit is missing if she doesn't have one in.  Plus her hair is getting long enough that it gets in her eyes.  It doesn't bother her much but it makes me crazy.  

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • I like to wear huge flowers in my hair, I think it takes the attention away from my fivehead...Does this apply to me too?
  • You mean like in my siggy? DD loves her bows and it does seem like when she doesn't have them in that her head is missing something.
  • imageFinber:
    I like to wear huge flowers in my hair, I think it takes the attention away from my fivehead...Does this apply to me too?

Yep. You are now passe and trashy

Lol! Just kidding : ) I actually wear flowers sometimes too, so I guess I'm putting myself out there for a label (oh the horrors!)

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegbtc01:
    You mean like in my siggy? DD loves her bows and it does seem like when she doesn't have them in that her head is missing something.

I think it is quite obvious what she means, she means the ones that look like a tutu on a kids head, usually on newborn girls. You have been around the BumpBlock, you have seen them. 

Or maybe she means this.

• imagePattypoundcake:

imagegbtc01:
    You mean like in my siggy? DD loves her bows and it does seem like when she doesn't have them in that her head is missing something.

I think it is quite obvious what she means, she means the ones that look like a tutu on a kids head, usually on newborn girls. You have been around the BumpBlock, you have seen them. 

Or maybe she means this.

OMFG. That is one awesome picture.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• image*lovemypups*:

YesYesYes 

• imagePattypoundcake:

imagegbtc01:

Or maybe she means this.

Oh my...

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh yeah, infant babies often sport a "trashy" look. When I see the "trashy" bows on babies at the local Wal-Mart, I often mistake them for hookers and ask if I can snort some blow off their a$$.

FFS, how can a freaking BOW be trashy. And if you do not like it, don't put your kid in it. Simple.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • imageGingham:
    I am not at all a fan of these giant headbands/flowers/bows, but I'm usually in the minority with this one...

I'm agreeing with you on this one  

• imageLisa102304:

Oh yeah, infant babies often sport a "trashy" look. When I see the "trashy" bows on babies at the local Wal-Mart, I often mistake them for hookers and ask if I can snort some blow off their a$$.

FFS, how can a freaking BOW be trashy. And if you do not like it, don't put your kid in it. Simple.

let me guess... your daughter wore one?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageLisa102304:

Oh yeah, infant babies often sport a "trashy" look. When I see the "trashy" bows on babies at the local Wal-Mart, I often mistake them for hookers and ask if I can snort some blow off their a$$.

Nope, never. Kid won't keep bows, headbands or barrettes in her hair. Big bows are NMS anyway, but I think it is asinine to think a baby can look trashy.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • imageLisa102304:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageLisa102304:

Nope, never. Kid won't keep bows, headbands or barrettes in her hair. Big bows are NMS anyway, but I think it is asinine to think a baby can look trashy.

Agreeing 100%

• I think some of them are pretty cute. Some are a bit much, but overall I'd say I like them more than dislike them.

• I was anti bow/headband/flower until I had my daughter and everyone kept asking how old my son was. Keep in mind that she would be in a dress or pink and people would still ask. So I made her some bows/flowers and yes I have large ones but she doesn't wear those now. Maybe when she is older.
  • imagePattypoundcake:

imagegbtc01:

Or maybe she means this.

I don't really get why you care so much. But I love PPC for this photo. The bow totally took our attention away from her DD's.

BFP: 6/4/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 7/12/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 1/5/11, M/C @ 4wks
    Unexplained secondary infertility...bleh. Gave it a few more tries and BFP on 3/31
    #1 Beta @ 10DPO: 9 #2 Beta @ 14DPO: 194
    My BFP Chart Lilypie Maternity tickersimage
  • I usually don't like them cause they are near the same size as their poor head, but I was browsing thru Babygaga (I know, I know, but I saw it here and it was the first time I went there, and will never go back), and there was a girl who had her daughter in all sorts of colors of big flower headbands and she was super cute!!
    ~TTC #1 7/1/10~
    BFP#1 10/8/10- Natural m/c 11/24/10, Unknown cause
    BFP#2 1/31/11- Blighted Ovum D&C 3/3/11, XX Trisomy 22
    BFP#3 3/30/12- Ectopic Pregnancy, discovered @ 8wk
    BFP#4 10/2/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"