North Carolina Babies
Options

BabyLegs... for babies over 1?

I know BabyLegs are "one size". Has anyone worn them on their kids over 1? I loved them on Margo this winter with a body suit, and I think they'll still work out for us this winter. I was considering getting a pair for my niece who's turning 2 in Oct and her mom always comments on them... good idea?

Re: BabyLegs... for babies over 1?

• Options

Yes! I probably love BabyLegs more than the average person, haha...but Mads definitely wore them last year. And I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I need to hop on etsy and find some new pairs for the fall (she was still crawling last year so her old ones are pretty worn out).

I think they are great with dresses when it's not cold enough to need tights or pants. And they are still great for diaper changes (or great for quick trips to the potty, fingers crossed!). I've also used them under pants when it's cold and we're playing outside.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

IMO not for babies over one. I used them on DD when she was crawling and under 1 to protect her legs from rug burn with crawling and to keep her warm (b/c really at that age they can get away with wearing just a onesie and they cover their legs). Once they're walking, I don't really see the point. Plus at that age, they are wearing pants and/or skirts with tights if it's cold. I think it'd be more like leg warmers for an toddler.

I may be in the minority-I see Jenhum uses them. So it may just be just me :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think they are cute on girls over 1, but not boys over 1.
  • Options
    I've held on to Nate's babylegs, but we only use them if he needs an extra layer of protection under pants if it's really cold outside (usually just if it has snowed).  He's only worn them a couple of times since he turned 1.  If I get them out for him, he'll put them on as arm warmers though, which I think looks quite fashionable.  Wink
  • Options
    imagejenwill:

IMO not for babies over one. I used them on DD when she was crawling and under 1 to protect her legs from rug burn with crawling and to keep her warm (b/c really at that age they can get away with wearing just a onesie and they cover their legs). Once they're walking, I don't really see the point. Plus at that age, they are wearing pants and/or skirts with tights if it's cold. I think it'd be more like leg warmers for an toddler.

I may be in the minority-I see Jenhum uses them. So it may just be just me :)

I'm sure I am the weird one- I am just a baby legs enthusiast, lol!

• Options
    Ahh, I hadn't thought about them as a warmth layer under pants! (hehe underpants) I just got a cute little skirt and top outfit for her so maybe BL would round out the outfit! ;) Thanks for the thoughts!!
  • Options
    imageluckygirl0818:

I did NOT see this!!! Thank you! 

And now I'm totally second guessing and thinking I might have already got her a pair of BL? I would give anything for my pre-mommy brain back. 

• Options
    I think I will probably get Emily some again this winter. She pretty much only allows us to put her in dresses, so she will need something to keep her legs warm. I don't think we will do tights since they such a PITA, esp for a toddler who will be new to using the potty on her own :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"