Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

I'm 50% embarrassed, and 50% happy

and 100% rested. I turned the monitor down last night when dh fed Cooper (not sure what they were doing in there, but it was LOUD). Fell back asleep and forgot to turn it up... next thing I knew, it was 6:30! I guess if he was too upset, I would have heard him regardless of the monitor (his room is just across the hall).

Maybe I should start doing this every night...

Re: I'm 50% embarrassed, and 50% happy

• Options
    DH fed Isabel last night, too, but I made sure he turned the monitor back on when he came back to bed. But DH is always telling me to keep it off and we'll hear her when it's needed. The grunting and small noises totally keep me awake. He's probably right. I'm very monitor-focused and use them for both kids still. I am sure I've lost numerous hours of sleep when it wasn't necessary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageschnappycat:
    DH fed Isabel last night, too, but I made sure he turned the monitor back on when he came back to bed. But DH is always telling me to keep it off and we'll hear her when it's needed. The grunting and small noises totally keep me awake. He's probably right. I'm very monitor-focused and use them for both kids still. I am sure I've lost numerous hours of sleep when it wasn't necessary!

I am the same way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I still use the monitor for both kids, too.  And I, too, have probably lost countless hours of sleep because of it.  And, just so you know you're not alone, I turned both our monitors off one afternoon, because we lost power & when that happens, the monitors beep (because there's no signal).  I forgot to turn them back on when the power came back.  Slept all night....

And I agree - if either kid had gotten THAT upset, we would have heard them..

• Options
    I did this during nap time last weekend.  Part of me thought if he woke up maybe he put himself back to sleep?  Then I felt a little panicked. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad you got some good rest!  We turned down our monitor at 9 mos and off at 1 yr.  They let us know when they really need us.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    imageKKM:

imageschnappycat:

I am the same way!

Lol me too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"