Trouble TTC
Options

Estrogen Levels?

I started the Fol Stim and Menopur on friday along with the lupron.  I went for an US today every thing looked good and they told me to continue the same doses..... but then I got a phone call that my estrogen was 800 and they want me to decrease my fol stim from 75 to 25.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  I am new to all this.

Re: Estrogen Levels?

• Options
    On average, a mature follicle produces an estrogen level of 200-250. I am assuming that your high estrogen level means that you are over-producing follicles and estrogen. I am not sure how all those other meds work, because I've only been on Clomid. But thats my guess......
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• Options
    I'm curious too, I got a call that my estrogen was 400 or something like that, they had me cut back from 150iu to 75iu.  I was wondering if I need to cut back because I was over-producing or producing too fast.  I suppose I can ask tomorrow at my next appt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not necessarily good or bad.  They just need to adjust your dose so your E2 doesn't get too high too quickly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thats what I thought.  After reading up I saw that at about the ET time the estrogen levels can be up to 4000.  So I guess they just don't want it to get too high that fast.  Thank you every one for the input.  I will ask more questions at my appt on thurs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"