Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Professionalism - clicky poll

I'm curious.. does anyone have a job where your co-workers actually act in a professional manner? Or do I just have bad luck and all my jobs have catty, gossiping, childish, back-stabbing people? [Poll]

Re: Professionalism - clicky poll

• Options
    I work in a clinic with all women co-workers. Backstabbing & gossip are daily fixtures of the job! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • Options
    It's about half and half. I try to surround myself with the professional half. I just smile and make nice with the others.
    Can't wait to meet our miracle this November!! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I work at a hospital that is run by catty women. 

FML. 

I could have liked my job.  

• Options
    I work in an office where the game "Who would you rather..." is a staple in our afternoon conversation.  Needless to say there is very little proffessionalism at my office.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Um, no. My boss used to cry at the office all the time and you couldn't get away from the gossip.

My husband always has the best stories though. His office manager just didn't show up for work one day and they finally figured out that he was in jail. They didn't fire him. Seriously? Yesterday he came in with a mohawk.

BFP: 6/4/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 7/12/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 1/5/11, M/C @ 4wks
    Unexplained secondary infertility...bleh. Gave it a few more tries and BFP on 3/31
    #1 Beta @ 10DPO: 9 #2 Beta @ 14DPO: 194
    My BFP Chart Lilypie Maternity tickersimage
  • Options

Most of them try to act professional, but some of them are not.  The main problem is that our boss is not professional and likes to go around the office yelling at everyone and telling them they are dumb.  So, yeah, sometimes people need to blow off some steam.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I too work with all women...so naturally I clicked "no, I work with catty people too." 

The funny thing about the childish behavior is that I am the youngest, by 10 years MINIMUM.  I spend my days thinking about TTC while listening to others trying to one-up their menopause symptoms and accuse others of faking them to get more attention.  Come on baby and mat leave.....!

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    atlbatlb member
    Gossip and sexual harrassment are the only things that are constant in my office.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My managers are professional. My coworkers can be. But there is one particular group right out of college who still haven't figured out that life =/= a constant frat party!

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Luckily I don't have any backstabbers or cat fights, but gossip is a given no matter what...

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

SS: Our office is mostly men which, I must admit, are definitely more professional than the women. Our Accounting department is where all the trouble comes from. The gossip runs rampant up there!!

My office is one of the best in the whole building: whole wall of windows and an actual door that closes. I stay in here whenever possible. It's my happy place; free from all the dramz.

• Options
    As a nurse I work with mostly women.  Most of them are 40 going on 14.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

My office is made up of myself and two other women. We have three guys that work out on the property who come in throughout the day. There really aren't enough of us to gossip about each other and we aren't catty at all. With all of that being said, we are far from professional. We tell dirty jokes and have been known to cuss like sailors. That is just the atmosphere of my office though.

• Options
    I loved my old job. I worked as a social worker at a domestic violence agency and saw some pretty rough stuff on a daily basis. The work environment was awesome. While we were very professional and had to hold it together for our clients, it was not uncommon after a rough case, for us to go to our shared office and turn on some music and lip sync to Justin Bieber ( yes, grown women singing Bieber) with our staplers or yelling " That's what she said.." While it sounds unprofessional, it was what got us through all of the crises. I loved it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most of the people I work with can be professional when they have to but there is a lot of petty backstabbing that goes on. Also there are a lot of family members and people dating someones family member that all work in upper management....it's funny how that works out. I work in administration and we provide waiver/group homes for individuals with developmental disabilities. I supervise 8 of these sites so I have a lot of freedom! I am usually only at the office on payroll days unless I need to print stuff. Otherwise I hide out in my sites with my laptop all day or work from home. I really only talk to my nurse (whom I love, she's great!) and the two supervisors below me that I oversee. I hear all the gossip from the support staff on a daily basis though..how they find it all out I have no clue!!
    TTC #1 since 7/10 Cycle 2 12/7/10 Diagnosed PCOS 12/17/10 BFP on CD 126 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I work with mostly men and let me tell you.... so I figured I was in the clear of immature, childish, gossiping individuals WRONG!!!!  I do say they put on their serious hats when its time to get down to business so thats good, but they r pretty bad behind the scenes ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"