Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

baby asprin?

So...I was talking to one of my co-workers today that actually knows quite a bit about infertility and medicines and such.  She said that it woudn't be a bad idea for me to start taking a baby asprin a day.  She says that it helps to aleviate the stress on your body from when you get pregnant (ie: body rejecting the baby).

Has anyone heard of this?

Re: baby asprin?

• Options
    I take it because I have a clotting factor. I wouldn't take it without talking to a doctor first.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I have seen it on charts in the ff gallery and I only know of one person who takes it for a clotting disorder.  I would not take it unless you consult your physician first.
    My Little
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My Dr. put me on it along with my pre-natals. He said he gives it to all mothers 30+ (especially first time).

He does this because of the heightened probability of clots in the placenta (during fomration)

He also said I need to be off it sometime mid 2nd trimester - because it can prevent clotting when you actually need it (after birth).  

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Options

I was told by my RE to take a baby aspirin daily during our IVF process because it would help with implantation.

• Options

I took one until I was done my first trimester for my DS. The science behind it from what my doctor told me, was that it is supposed to enrichen the lining of the uterus, thus increasing the odds of implantation being successful if you conceive.

I'm trying it again for this pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dr put me on it along w/PNV.  I'm (almost) 29.  He said it reduces the chance of "first trimester loss"  I also consulted dr. google and it said baby aspirin increases blood flow to the ovaries and uterus making the lining better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Actually most of the most recent research on the topic (according to my midwife and some of my own research) indicate that it is not that affective at preventing miscarriages in women with blood clotting  BUT it can help all other women during the implantation stage. She said that it should not be taken until 32 weeks as previously been recommended and be taken only until 6 weeks.

I am not completely convinced as I was so programmed to think that it should be taken until 32 weeks. I will probably keep taking it until the second trimester. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"