Cloth Diapering

NB cloth diapering...

More NB questions, sure you're thrilled, hehe!

Is it necessary to buy NB covers unless you're having a giant baby? What's the best and how long can they generally wear them for?

Thanks!

Re: NB cloth diapering...

• my DD was 8lbs 7oz and was in NB size prefolds and covers until 4 weeks old when she fit into BG. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageQmommy:
    my DD was 8lbs 7oz and was in NB size prefolds and covers until 4 weeks old when she fit into BG. 

So what covers do you recommend? 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm confused. What would you use instead?

We used nb covers for almost 3 months.

• I would get some NB covers.  Many covers in OS or 2-size still won't fit right away.  I like the Imse Vimse newborn soft wraps so far. 
  • My kiddo is still in x-small thirsties covers and orange edge prefolds, and he's 3 months.  Granted, he's now only about 10lbs, so he's a peanut. 
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • If you plan on CDing from the beginning you will need a few newborn/x-small covers.  Prorap, Thirsties & Bummis all have nb or xsmall covers with a cutout for the umbilical cord.
  • I bought some Rumparooz Lil' Joeys- they seem really small, but they are AIO.  I also bought a couple Bummi's super brites covers in NB.  They seem really trim as well.  Haven't tried either yet, but just going off rec's of others.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDr.Loretta:

I'm confused. What would you use instead?

We used nb covers for almost 3 months.

I mean as opposed to a OS diaper cover or something like OS BG.

• You can buy Thirsties duo covers size 1.  They'll fit from newborn to a little longer if you don't want to buy exclusive newborn covers.

• imagepixy_stix:

You can buy Thirsties duo covers size 1.  They'll fit from newborn to a little longer if you don't want to buy exclusive newborn covers.

I used Thirsties duo size 1 with orange GMD prefolds from 4 days on.  She's 3 months now and I just moved to the next size setting.  She was 7 lbs 6 oz at birth and is around 13 lbs now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"