Baby Showers
Options

Put an IOU in a Card

Hi Ladies,

I had a quick question.  I had my shower about 4 weeks ago.  One of my Mom's friends put an "e-card reciept" for a BRU gift card in her card and said it was on the way.  

I sent a thank you card thanking her for her gift but have not recieved the e-gift card.  

I am ok with if I am not going to get it, but I just don't want her to waste her money and think I got the GC and in actuality I did not. 

WWYD?  Thanks for any input!

Mita

Re: Put an IOU in a Card

• Options

Because she gave you a receipt for the g/c, I would mention to her in a very friendly way that you did not get the card yet. After that, I would leave it alone, regardless if you ever get it or not.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Can you use the receipt (order number or something), and call BRU to ask about it? 

BRU does do e-gift cards (I bought one for a co-worker) and they usually take 24 hours to get sent to the email address provided by the giver. It could be possible she sent it to an old email address of yours, or incorrectly typed in your email address. If you can't contact BRU directly, I'd also send an email to the giver saying you haven't received it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would use the receipt and call BRU and ask if it was supposed to be mailed directly to you.  If it was when I would inquire about where it was.  If it was to be mailed to her, then my guess is that she hasn't gotten a chance to send it to you and I wouldn't say anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies.  I will try calling BRU and then if I cant get answers that way, just wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"