Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping 2 hours before feeding LO WWYD?

I feed LO at 5am (dreamfeed), then pump at 9am & 2pm and see LO again at 4pm.  For the past two weeks, he nursed upwards of an hour (!!!!!) when I got home.  I thought it was because he missed me, but then I realized it may be because I drained my breasts 2 hours earlier at work. 

If you are going to feed LO in 2 hours, how much would you pump: All that you could, half of the "normal" pumping, less???

TIA

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: Pumping 2 hours before feeding LO WWYD?

• Options
    No way to move the pumping session earlier?  I'm not sure how long it takes to recoop...my hope would be that eventually your body will respond quicker.  Otherwise it would also depend on whether I was getting enough at my 2pm for what I needed.  If not, I would also consider throwing in a pre-bed night pump.  HTH. 
  • Options

When I first started back to work I could only do my afternoon pump at 4:00 (now it's 3:30) and DD would want to nurse as soon as I get home (5:30-6:00). I find she always wants to nurse a long time on work days, whether it's been 90 mins since I pumped or 3 hours. Supply is also lower in the evenings so that might be a factor. If she takes a long welcome home nursing session, her next one is much quicker right before bed.

usually this means DH is stuck with making dinner. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"