Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommend Your Diaper Pail

We registered for a Genie and didn't get it but I want to buy something...we borrowed a friend's Champ but it's more hassle than it's worth.  What would you recommend?  Is the Genie worth the $ for the liners?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend Your Diaper Pail

• Options

This is the one we have and I've been EXTREMELY happy with it. It's large, takes regular garbage bags, doesn't stink, is easy to use and is cheap. We'll likely use it for both kids when this next one arrives:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2373657&CAWELAID=111750385

Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail - Safety 1st  - Babies"R"Us

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used a safety first and it did just as well as the other ones.  It lasted us 2 years (potty trained at 2 years old).  Only smell was when you opened it which comes from all of them once it was closed the smell was gone and the plastic never smelled. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have heard a lot of ladies recommend skipping the specialty "diaper pail' and just going with a basic small stainless steel trash with a lid, and then taking the garbage out each day.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We just use a midsized Simple Human stainless steel trashcan with lid.and a plastic bag inside. I only empty it once per week on trashday. DS is in daycare during the day though so that obviously impacts the # of diapers in the pail. If we SAH, I'd clearly empty it more often. It has only smelled a couple of times and that's been recently when he was sick and had diarrhea; obviously when he was younger, BF and not eating solids, we didn't have any smell issues at all.
  • Options

imageamdraza:
    I have heard a lot of ladies recommend skipping the specialty "diaper pail' and just going with a basic small stainless steel trash with a lid, and then taking the garbage out each day.

this is what I'm doing!  I've been a nanny for at least 5 kids that had diaper genies and I just don't get it.  why would you even WANT dirty diapers sitting in a room for a week or more?!  who cares if you can't smell them, it's still creepy to me.  not to mention those things DO stink eventually plus the liners are a waste of money and a pain to refill.  if you get a small stainless steel trashcan you can use grocery bags as liners and just keep extra grocery bags around (if you don't get a lot of them chances are you know someone who does who'd be more than happy to collect them for you).  it's free and convenient!  just "double bag" the poop diapers and you can go a few days without taking out the trash with no odor.

• Options

Skip the diaper pail and get a regular trash can you like.  We go to the $ store and buy the boxes of 100 diaper sacks.  We put poopy diapers in those before throwing them in and we don't have the issue with the stink.

• Options
    We're going with a diaper pail because our garbage is a ways away. We live on acreage and have to drive our garbage to the can (we share with the IL's). If we had our own garbage right outside, we'd go with the stainless steel can...so much cuter! (for something that holds dirty diapers) :)
  • Options
    Stainless steel step can.  It is larger than we probably need, but I plan on moving it to the kitchen when it doesn't have to be in LO's room anymore.
  • Options
    Diaper Genie Elite. Love it!
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"