TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Bitter musings inside

Can someone please explain to me how I can go from being one of THOSE people (accidental pregnancy) while on birth control and be sitting in the boat I am now? Please? Someone enlighten me on the universe's sick sense of humor.
Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section

Re: Bitter musings inside

• Options

imageCarrieLeigh84:
    Can someone please explain to me how I can go from being one of THOSE people (accidental pregnancy) while on birth control and be sitting in the boat I am now? Please? Someone enlighten me on the universe's sick sense of humor.

That's it... no further explaination. The universe is a massive assholle that loves to dump shiit all over us.

• Options
    I like your explanation, BGP. It sounds about right.
    Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went from FH (pg on the pill, perfect compliance) to average (TTC for 5 months) to WTF (4 miscarriages in 12 months).

If I understood it, I'd be a bazillionaire, I guess.

But I don't get it.  I spent a lot of time joking that I must've accidentally drop kicked puppies into Jesus.

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:

I went from FH (pg on the pill, perfect compliance) to average (TTC for 5 months) to WTF (4 miscarriages in 12 months).

But I don't get it.  I spent a lot of time joking that I must've accidentally drop kicked puppies into Jesus.

I've heard he doesn't look kindly on that. You must have one hell of a kick :)

• Options
    imagegrr_aargh:

I've heard he doesn't look kindly on that. You must have one hell of a kick :)

• Options

I don't get it either Carrie...it has to be a sick sense of humor.

We were sure that we would have problems ttc because of my irregular cycles...so we started trying right away and low and behold, were pregnant on the first cycle.  I have spent the next 2 years in and out of doctors and through fertility treatments....still with no baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The universe sucks.  Plain & simple.

I went from an "accidental pregnancy" to 3 months to concieve.....to ::::crickets chirping::::

Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabygirlpriest:

imageCarrieLeigh84:

That's it... no further explaination. The universe is a massive assholle that loves to dump shiit all over us.

all of that.

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options

Indeed, the universe's sense of humor is whack. I always assumed I'd have trouble getting pregnant. Then when I get pregnant in a not-trying, half-assed "preventing" till we get drunk and leave the condoms in the drawer, we were sooooooo relieved that at least we wouldn't have trouble.

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.

The other really, really funny thing (you know, weird funny, not haha funny) is that with my dx of DOR, I shouldn't be getting pg. I shouldn't be ovulating every month. But I do and I am. And then the universe yells "Psych!" and takes it back. He's a real motherfvcker.

• Options
    imagebabygirlpriest:

imageCarrieLeigh84:

This.  I totally don't get it.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    imagegrr_aargh:

I think Grrr's got it.  If any of us could really understand or explain 'why', we'd be bazillionaires.  It makes no sense to us, which is why it sucks so bad. 

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    gosh, carrie. i said the exact same thing in the car on the way to the drs office for bloodwork. a year ago i never imagined in my wildest dreams i'd be where i am today. i went from a fertile fvcking ho to a broken empty bitter ttcal-er. sighs. the universe definitely sucks
  • Options

Yep. I think we have all been put into a huge black hole.

It's the Universes anus.

• Options
    I always wonder what I did to annoy the universe so bad. I don't know why I always fall on the crappy side of odds, wish I could figure it out and win lotto.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Yup universe sucks!!!  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and won't be so sucky, until then i vote for jack daniels.  On the rocks with a lime.
    Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"