Health & Exercise
Options

anemic after giving birth?

I just gave birth to my little one yesterday at 444am, and I did a completely natural childbirth.  They tested my blood this morning and told me I am currently anemic, but that this is common after childbirth sand that I should be okay by my 6-week check-up.

So my question to you ladies is this... how many of you also fell anemic after childbirth sand how long did it take to get back to normal, sand what helped you get back to normal?

Re: anemic after giving birth?

• Options

That was me after I had my DD! I had to have 3 blood transfusions in order to leave the hospital. I had to drink an iron drink 2 times a day until my 6 week check up. I began feeling better after about 2 weeks. I probably would have felt better long before 2 weeks, but I was stubborn and refused to rest when I probably should have.

Just get lots of rest and eat as healthy as you can. Please accept the help! If I could go back, I would have napped when there was down time instead of trying to clean the house!! Hope you feel better soon!! 

• Options
    I didn't have a blood test, but I lost quite a bit of blood and I was a bit light headed for a while.  My midwives had me taking supplements containing iron and eating a lot of red meat, I felt pretty good within 2 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"