Oregon Babies

Has anyone delivered at Legacy Emanuel?

They are an option for us and was wondering what your experience was with them.  Thank you! :D
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Has anyone delivered at Legacy Emanuel?

• I did and had a great experience (except for my first nurse, she wasn't so great). The birthing suites were really nice and spacious and though the after-delivery rooms were small, we were still extremely comfortable.The nurses (except for one) were absolutely fabulous! My doctor's office is at Emmanual and I will also be delivering there in March '11 again!
  • Ugg.. when you say the post labor rooms were small, how small were they?
  • Loading the player...
  • we delivered at st v's but were transferred to emanuel and the after-delivery  rooms at emanuel are SOOOOOO much nicer than st v's. And the one we had was about double the size of st v's (where the bathroom door hit the crib and DH had to step over a chair to get the 'spouse bed.' they had to do emergency tests on DS and couldn't fit the machine in the room. great.). we definitely plan to go to emanuel if we have another child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePDX:
    double the size of st v's (where the bathroom door hit the crib and DH had to step over a chair to get the 'spouse bed.' they had to do emergency tests on DS and couldn't fit the machine in the room. great.).

DH did just remind me that we thought the room was a spare that had extra equipment in it so maybe they aren't all that horrible, but I still liked emanuel a heck of a lot more! 

• Thank you!
  • I delivered at Emanuel.  I had a great experience and appreciated the small maternity department but high level NICU (that we fortunately didn't need).  The labor rooms were huge and there's a 24 hour cafeteria for partners to eat at.  It would have been nice to have a bigger recovery room, but with only one baby rooming in, you'd have plenty of room.  I was going to recommend my OB, Lara Williams, because she fits your criteria, but I thought Emanuel would be too far away for you.  She's the only Portland area OB who does water births, and she's very pro-alternative meds and treatments.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • idk about delivery...but i was born there 30ish years ago and i'm ok. lol.
  • I delivered there. It was really nice. The PP rooms were small but that wasn't to bad. I hated my day nurse though, she was mean and always on her phone. So I requested a new nurse. 

I can not say that I recommend my doctor though. She was not great, she actually almost missed the birth because she had dinner reservations 

• I didn't deliver there, but our DD was transfered to their NICU.  If the rest of their staff is anything like the NICU staff you'd be in incredible hands.  We adore Legacy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
  • We didn't deliver there, but we have been to their children's ER. I was extremely impressed with the staff and facility. I have no idea how that extends to the rest of the hospital, but it made a good impression.
  • I have 2 friends who delievered there ( one natural, one C-section w/twins) and they both loved it. I will be delivering there in April!

• I did, My doctor practices at Every Women's Health which  is located at Emanuel.  Many of the doctors there are able to do water births and they are open to other alternative treatments.   I was really happy with my delivery and the care after at Emanuel.   I had actually written a birth plan but left it in the car, when I was in labor.  Luckily I did not need it because they performed everything they way we wanted them to, and were open when we asked or requested something.   Even though my regular doctor was not on call the day I delivered, I was happy with her partner that delivered our son.    The labor and delivery nurses were very supportive, and the recovery nurses were also very helpful.

Emanuel also has one of the top NICU's, in Portland.  There was a concern because our baby passed Meconium prior to delivery.  We had 4 NICU nurses ready in our room, in case he had aspirated his Meconium. Luckily we did not need them, and they were soon off as soon as our little boy cried.  But it was nice to know they were there if something were wrong. I was totally happy with my birthing experience, and would deliver there again. 

• I recently delivered at Emanuel and had a wonderful experience with them. It was a vaginal delivery and the nurses were very supportive. I had one nurse in particular (some others came and went) that stayed with me during the whole process, and calmed me down during my contractions. The delivery room was very spacious and nice. The after care rooms were a little small but plenty large for recovery. I also liked the idea that they had a NICU on site in case I needed it. I would definitely go there again!
  • A good friend of mine delivered there almost 2 years ago. The baby was around 6 weeks early, mom was high risk. The baby was in the NICU and I can tell you that we're considering delivering there because of the great care they took of her baby. I know a few more people that work there, and have delivered and I have to say I've only heard good things.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"