Alaska Babies
Options

Registering

So my husband and I like to research stuff that is important to us....we have started looking at what to register for but to be honest it is completely overwhelming!  What are some brands that are good to have or things that you suggest are must haves???

Re: Registering

• Options

The items that you need are very dependant on what parenting style you have.  For example, a lot of people consider a crib, bottles,  and a stroller to be absolutely necessary.  DD has slept in her crib about ten times in the past year.  She and I both hated it so now she sleeps with me.  I should never have gotten one. She has also never taken a bottle...I have only opened two of the dozen or so that I have.  (That also means that my breast pump, bottle rack, and bottle warmer have also been unused.)

I didn't know before baby was born how crucial my Boppy pillow would be.  I LOVE it (still!) and have three of them.  One for upstairs, one downstairs and one at my Mom's house.  I wish I had another one for my car.  I also love my BabyHawk baby carrier.  It is my absolute favorite piece of baby gear.

So...I can try to give you more info if you give me some ideas of things that you are looking for...

• Options
    Pack n Plays, strollers, good brands, car seats, and anything that I would never think of.....what is a boppy and what do you do with it?  Thanks for getting back to me!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A boppy is a pillow that is kind of shaped like a horseshoe or a crescent moon.  It is designed to support the baby in your lap while breastfeeding.  DD has been EBF, so this has been so useful for us.  Are you planning to BF or FF?  There is some different gear for each option...

I have a Graco Pack n Play. I have been pretty happy with it.  However, I didn't really reseach brands.  Instead, I looked for a PnP that had the features that I wanted.  Mine came with an infant napper (which looked like a cuddly little nest.  DD loved it as a newborn.) It also had a changing table and diaper holder, a raised bassinette and the standard play pen floor.  We used our PnP all the time until she outgrew the changing table, but now we only use it once or twice a week. 

One thing I used way more than I ever expected was plain, white, cloth diapers.  They make great burp pads and changing pads and random mess cleaning pads and whatever.  I had twelve of them and that seemed like a good number.  (We don't have a washer or dryer, so we only do laundry once a week.)

• Options
    I went to consumer report.com and checked out their list of things to get. I was also very overwhelmed when registering and I was just doing it online. We plan on having the little one sleep with us for a few months, but we still are planning on a crib too. We registered for the DaVinci Emily its a four in one crib and its the highested rated on CR. For car seat we went with Chicco KeyFit 30 it was also highest rated on CR. CR has a really easy list of things you might need for the little one as well. It was really helpful to me while I was registering. I realized too that one stroller for now is just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think we are going to use the pack n play that comes with the newborn napper instead of buying a separate bassinet.  We are going to get a DaVinci crib too but I forget the name of it!  I am glad to hear that they have high ratings.  We also looked at getting the Chicco KeyFit 30 because to be honest we liked the colors....but now i feel much better knowing they are highly rated. what kind of stroller are you going to get?  We have been looking at the Chicco Travel Stroller that matches up to the KeyFit 30.  What are your opinions?

I LOVE having yall to ask these questions too because I do not have family up here and this makes me feel better reading other people's questions and experiences.  THANK YOU! 

• Options
    imagejamijoe:

I think we are going to use the pack n play that comes with the newborn napper instead of buying a separate bassinet.  We are going to get a DaVinci crib too but I forget the name of it!  I am glad to hear that they have high ratings.  We also looked at getting the Chicco KeyFit 30 because to be honest we liked the colors....but now i feel much better knowing they are highly rated. what kind of stroller are you going to get?  We have been looking at the Chicco Travel Stroller that matches up to the KeyFit 30.  What are your opinions?

I LOVE having yall to ask these questions too because I do not have family up here and this makes me feel better reading other people's questions and experiences.  THANK YOU! 

Same stroller, just because it fits.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"