Relocating to St Louis — The Bump
St. Louis Babies

Relocating to St Louis

My Husband and I are in the process of relocating to St Louis. Can anyone give me any reccomendations on areas to look for housing in?

Thanks!

October 2010 - DX: MFI (low count/motility)
BFP 8/22/11 m/c 9/4/11 @ 6wks
BFP 9/8/12 U/S on 9/27/12 no baby

10/2/12 D&C/Removal of Right Tube due to tublar pregnancy

**PAIF/SAIF WELCOME**

image image

Re: Relocating to St Louis

• What price range are you looking for and how close to the city do you want to be?
  • It all depends on what type of area you want to live in and how much you want to spend on a house and if you want your kids in private or public schools. Urban or Suburban? 

• We live in Arnold, MO (which is Jefferson County - cheaper than St. Louis county).  I grew up in Kirkwood, MO which is very centrally located in STL.  I wouldn't recommend living downtown or in North St.Louis (lots of crime).  Suburbs are the best, just to name a few there's Crestwood, Sunset Hills, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Des Peres - more central.  South of STL is Oakville, Arnold, Fenton - which are all good areas.

St. Charles & St. Peters are north and growing quickly - I've been told you can get a new home for less money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you want your kids to go to public schools I would definitely find a district and an area that you like and go from there.  I live in St. Charles county now and love it, but I grew up in Wildwood.  There are a lot of great areas, but it all depends on your price range and what you are looking for (house, townhome, #of bedroom, etc).  That will really determine where you will want to start your search at.  I think a good realtor can point you in the right direction (if you need any recs I have a couple in different areas of the suburbs).  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards