St. Louis Babies

Relocating to St Louis

My Husband and I are in the process of relocating to St Louis. Can anyone give me any reccomendations on areas to look for housing in?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Relocating to St Louis

• What price range are you looking for and how close to the city do you want to be?
  • It all depends on what type of area you want to live in and how much you want to spend on a house and if you want your kids in private or public schools. Urban or Suburban? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We live in Arnold, MO (which is Jefferson County - cheaper than St. Louis county).  I grew up in Kirkwood, MO which is very centrally located in STL.  I wouldn't recommend living downtown or in North St.Louis (lots of crime).  Suburbs are the best, just to name a few there's Crestwood, Sunset Hills, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Des Peres - more central.  South of STL is Oakville, Arnold, Fenton - which are all good areas.

St. Charles & St. Peters are north and growing quickly - I've been told you can get a new home for less money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you want your kids to go to public schools I would definitely find a district and an area that you like and go from there.  I live in St. Charles county now and love it, but I grew up in Wildwood.  There are a lot of great areas, but it all depends on your price range and what you are looking for (house, townhome, #of bedroom, etc).  That will really determine where you will want to start your search at.  I think a good realtor can point you in the right direction (if you need any recs I have a couple in different areas of the suburbs).  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"