Texas Babies

Possible relocation to SA..

My dh might be getting relocated to San Antonio.  He is originally from TX and so he is really happy about the opportunity.  I am happy that he will have a chance to be near his family again after being away for 10 years.  My questions are - what areas do you recommend looking at to live?  We will probably be renting a house as we prob. won't be selling our home in Maryland.  Also, what is there to do in San Antonio for the adults as well as for children?  (I know about Sea World, Six Flags, the Alamo and the Riverwalk but that is about it).  TIA, Danielle
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Possible relocation to SA..

• I think the majority of people on this board live on the north side of town.

We live on the west side, near sea world (northside school district though). Dh works on lackland AFB, so its close to the base and convienent for us.

Its a nice area, it's a lot of military people, for the reason I just mentioned. I think if we could live anywhere I would choose to be a bit more north also but we needed to be close to base. It's not a bad area, but our church is up north a bit and I think it'd be easier for meeting friends, etc. But I like where we are too.

For adults. Well the things you mentioned. Dh and I just went down to corpus christi for the weekend. It's only 2 hours. There is also floating down the river in new braunfels, there's outlet mall in san marcos. Lots of museums, a great zoo, parks. San Antonio is a really nice place. We enjoy it!

Good luck!

• We're over on the west side near Sea World, too, for the same reason.  There are LOTS of houses for rent around here because of the military community.
    baby
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!  Is there a name for the neighborhood?
  • We are on the Northside as well, in a fairly new community that is full of Military families as well.  We live in the Alamo Ranch area, there are quite a few diffrent subdivisions located in this area.  Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"