March 2011 Moms
Options

::Lucky Charms Weekly Check-in::

Good morning girls.

Like always, how was your weekend? Any personal updates?

QOTW:

Are you starting to have any cravings? Aversions? If you are battling morning sickness what are you eating that helps or that you can at least get down?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ::Lucky Charms Weekly Check-in::

• Options

So glad you are still a part of this board, Becca :)

Weekend was good. Did some shopping/cleaning and started to clean out what soon will be the baby's room. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow and we are hoping for good news, as always. "ADS" = all day sickness, and this comes and goes. Usually I feel more nasueas in the afternoon than in the morning.

• Options

First...I'd like to say I'm thinking of you Beccaboo...sending lots of prayers!

Secondly...weekend was better than others...I have our second appointment today and praying for a heartbeat and everything being ok....really scary!

Cravings = cheese pizza ...yummo!  My M?S has calmed down...thank GOD!!!

Hope everyone else is good :)

Hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My weekend was pretty good.  We finally stayed in town and got some things done!  

I am still battling the all-day-sickness too.  Just when I think it's going away, it hits me again! Honey Nut Cheerios have been my savior each morning.  I still can't eat meat or anything with a strong odor.   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good morning ladies!!

My weekend was great and super busy. My sister and I threw my mom a surprise birthday party on Saturday with only minor hormonal issues (she is also PG). And Sunday we went up to the lake to celebrate DH's grandma's life with the family, and got to do some fishing and swimming too.

QOTW:

I always seem to be craving carbs. I'm trying to eat healthy and eat my fruits and veggies, but really all I want is potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, etc. My only aversion has been roasted chicken (and most chicken on a bone). No real M/S other than last tuesday where I may have died on the couch in a queasy heap!

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options

I don't think I'm craving anything, but my aversions are in full force.  Most of the time I can't eat any meat unless it's ground beef.  I for some reason cannot handle cucumbers anymore either (I LOVE cucumbers) or sweets still.  My list of things I can't eat far outweighs the list of things I want to eat. 

No morning sickness, I am pretty sure I avoided it but I seem to be able to eat less in one sitting but hungry more often, a switch from when I would inhale everything in sight in one sitting.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

decent weekend.  went to a friend's baby shower saturday. we've been friends since we were 12, so she spread the word that i was expecting (ok with that) and i got the shock and awe from other people who have seen me grow up and they must have thought i was an asexual person because more than one asked "what are you doing having sex". THEN i got blasted for telling them i wasn't going to find out the sex. i suppose it's an inconvenience for people who think kid clothes only come in blue and pink. i was more than pissed. especially cause i hate baby shower games. and now i'm ridiculously sick. i only came in to work cause i took off thursday to get more sleep. :(

i've really just been craving beef. good good hamburgers. and even not so good ones  cause the mcdoubles make my mouth drool. and i think my baby is not into dairy at the moment. i had more than usual yesterday and paid for it dearly at 2am. and 4am. and i'm still queasy at my desk.

hope everyone else is doing a lot better.

Bre Wrties
  • Options

Thank you ladies.

This weekend was good. I still am having cramping but no bleeding/spotting/clotting. 

I have an appointment at 10 this morning and I am really nervous. 

QOTW:

After my first and hopefully last bout of vomiting on Saturday it appears my m/s is getting better. I am wanting sushi (which I had once this weekend and am plotting to have again), lemon garlic chicken with cucumber sauce and bean burritos with salsa. 

I am not liking red meat. 

• Options

Nope. Nothing exciting. :(

Not really major cravings yet...and no m/s. I don't know how I got so lucky with none (minor queasiness if I don't eat every 2 hours and I mean, EVERY 2 hours) because my mom had hyperemesis for 7 mos. when she was preg with me. Who knows?

• Options

I had a dating u/s on Saturday, we saw the baby waving and kicking which was cool.  What wasn't cool is that my due date was pushed up a couple days, so I need to convince my midwife not to push it up officially since I'm hoping for a VBAC and DS came 6 days past EDD.

I think I passed my queasy state already and it was a lot less than with DS, who was also just some queasies that lasted from 7-9 weeks.  Fingers crossed! 

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies! My weekend was good! We purchased a new car and went to an amusement park with a ton of friends. ( of course I couldn't go on anything but oh well!) So far no m/s. Just nausea in the mornings and evenings. Also my face looks like a 12 year old. I can't eat anything juicy. No eggs sunny side up, meat has to be very well done, and I'm having a hard time with fruit. I also can't drink anything that's not absolutely freezing or I gag.
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
  • Options

Had an incredible weekend with a great group of friends!  I can't remember the last time I had so much fun.

M/S is still very mild.  The only thing that I have been craving is fruit.  I am still struggling to find things that I actually want to eat.  

• Options

Good luck with your appointment this morning Becca! I hope everything turns out to be fine for you!

This weekend was good. I was feeling sick for most of it but I managed to pull through without actually getting sick. It's strange, but I feel like my m/s is actually getting worse. It's still pretty mild, but I feel like it's happening more frequently. So far cravings have been cream cheese, granny smith apples, candy candy candy, and pizza. Margarita pizza specifically. I just can't get over the texture of the tomatoes all sunken into the cheese.. I dream about it!

FI owns a lawn service and had a little accident with the tractor on Friday, and on Saturday we were pleased to find that the initial damage estimate was nowhere close to what we expected! Our repair guy told Neil that all we were going to need is new blades (as opposed to a whole new mower deck), and when he looked at the guy in shock he replied. "Neil, it's a John Deere 500. You couldn't hurt this machine if you tried to" lol! 

All in all I had a very relaxing weekend. We really didn't do much of anything, and FI is rained out of work today, so we get the day off together! Yay for 3 day weekends!

• Options

I know I don't post much, especially since I've been gone the past week and a half, but I hope you ladies don't mind if I join in. :)

Are you starting to have any cravings? I want Italian food all the time! I can't wait to go to NJ in the fall where I can get some real pizza!

Aversions? The thought of eating a hamburger makes me want to puke, but I can eat some ground beef when it's mixed in with other food. I am slowly getting back into meat, though it's not my favorite thing at the moment. I still can't drink hot tea, which I normally love.

If you are battling morning sickness what are you eating that helps or that you can at least get down? I've been pretty fortunate so far with this. If I feel nauseated, I just eat some crackers or something and I'm fine.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Side note: Becca - I am so glad that things are still on track for you and your LO!

Updates: 7 weeks was the majic number for my m/s.  It has come in waves and I have not thrown up but do not feel good.  Oddly, I am thankful for it!

QOTW: Food aversions - hot dogs.  Even the thought makes me gag a little.  No specific cravings, but mac and cheese (especially easy mac) works really good!  The key to keeping my stomach calmer right now is to eat every couple of hours.  Also the busier I am, the less I think about it!

• Options

My weekend was good. Very relaxed, not much going on.

I'm still get my m/s or "all day crappiness" as I call it. It's thankfully pretty much under control with the Diclectin though, so as long as I continue to take that and keep something in my tummy I am okay.

No real food aversions or cravings.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Can I join the group?  Where do I get the little badges?  My EDD is March 29th for now but since I will likely have the same pre-e worries as with Eli I would expect to be induced early and deliver mid to late March.

This weekend I was sick.  I had wonderful gas and m/s from the pregnancy and a huge sinus infection that of course I can't really take anything at all to help with.  I basically just sat on the couch and slept almost the whole weekend.  I am feeling a little better though today. 

The constant nausea is killing me.  I guess I should just be happy I am not vomiting or maybe I should just give it time.  I can't freaking quit eating either.  And then when I do get something to eat, I hate the way it tastes.  But at least eating helps the m/s a little.  No real aversions yet.  I did smell coffee the other morning and immediately wanted bacon.  DH is so happy to be dealing with the cravings again.  Poor DH.

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I literally did nothing all weekend. And it was glorious!

We got the Netflix DVD thing for our Wii, so I watch movies all day and read books.

QOTW:

Except for 2 days, I haven't really been sick at all. (Thank the lord) I can't handle gross stories, or banana peels though.....

• Options

You're probably on the way to your appt, Becca, so we all hope it goes well!

I have entered the headache and heartburn stage, while ms has been far less.  I constantly want carbs, pizza, bagels, potatoes, mac and cheese.... I cannot eat plain veggies.  Or veggies with sauce on them or any veggie unless it's very well disguised with something else or is a starchy corn, bean, potato. 

This weekend we scored our car seat, early I know, but for about 70 bucks off and a My Breast Friend for 30% off because of a Burlington Coat Factory closing!  So I am thrilled about that.  That's my big weekend news.  Glad to see everyone's doing well, overall!

• Options
    Lucky Charms Weekly Check In? I like! Anyways, I had an ok weekend. DH and I went to dinner Friday night and did some WalMart-ing. I worked Saturday night and almost punched out one of the customers. I'm a bartender and drunken a-holes are beyond my capacity to deal with right now, Haha. Sunday was relaxing and nice. I don't really have any specific cravings, except I'm starving ALL the time. I feel like I could eat anything at any time. lol No morning sickness either. I've been way nauseous (as in 'Oh. So this is morning sickness. Omg, I'm gonna puke any second...') like three times so far but no actual throwing up, so I feel lucky.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    +HPT 12/1/14
    EDD 8/3/15

• Options

Hey everyone! My weekend was really tiring. After a roller-coaster ride of emotions last week, we really should have stayed home and done nothing this weekend, but instead we drove all over the province visiting friends. I feel like a zombie today.

QOTW:

I have absolutely no cravings right now. Just aversions to all food. There's absolutely NOTHING that sounds appealing or appetizing. BUT, the only thing that helps calm the m/s is keeping food in my stomach at all times, so it's a bit of a battle. Right now I'm eating cereal, but it hasn't helped since I just threw up. I do feel a bit better now that I've thrown up though. PRAYING for this m/s to end soon.

• Options

Didn't do much this weekend.  MS was kicking my butt on Saturday so I stayed in bed almost all day.  Yesterday I went to school and made some copies (so I wouldn't have to deal with all the teachers today) and then went to a synagogue open house with my husband.  Damn are the fees expensive.

QOTW:

Are you starting to have any cravings? Aversions? If you are battling morning sickness what are you eating that helps or that you can at least get down?

I crave fruit, but that seems to be the one thing that really makes me vomit.  Still have meat, chicken and fish aversions, although, I was able to eat some chipped beef last night.  Bread and peanut butter is about the only thing I can consistently eat.

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

Good luck today Becca! 

Weekend was quiet, I haven't been feeling that great so my butt has been planted on the couch. If it wasn't so darn hot out I'd do yard work but I just can't stand the heat! There are so many weeds in the flower beds I'm sure the neighbors will come knocking soon, it's a jungle out there. Thankfully no one can see the inside of my house. : )

I'm really not into vegetables right now except for raw baby carrots, must be the sweetness of them. I'm trying to eat more protein to help with the nausea but it's really hard the last thing I want to do is cook meat. I love Nutella on bread and graham crackers right now.

BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options

Weekend was great! We went down to the campground and slept out in the tent for both nights. The heat broke a little and made for perfect sleeping outside weather. It was so peaceful and relaxing! 

Personal Updates: I had my last appointment last Thursday and things looked great. The baby was measuring a week ahead of schedule, which moved my EDD to February 24, but I'm still hanging out around here. DH and I did not have sex at all the week that means I would have conceived, so I wouldn't be surprised if at the next appointment baby is maybe measuring a couple days slower.

:Knock on wood: I've been feeling pretty good lately. I still can't handle a lot of smells, but I haven't gotten sick in a week and my appetite is back. The doctor was worried because I had lost weight at the last appointment, but I think I probably gained it all back with the amount I ate camping.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think this is my first weekly check in...woo.

DH and I have our early pregnancy class tonight. We are really pumped for that. My second appt. is next Tuesday and we should be able to see a much bigger bebe in there. 

Even though I am not feeling nauseous as much anymore I still cannot stand the thought of chicken or anything with a whole lot of flavor. I have found that more bland food keeps me from randomly gagging while eating.

I have been craving fruit and green olives from the beginning. Now I am craving chocolate soft serve ice cream like you would not believe.

• Options
    Thankfully, I only seem to be craving healthy foods!  Yogurt, fruit, salads, nuts...stuff like that.  Junk food is actually making me feel kind of sick, for now anyway!
  • Options

Weekend went well.  We went to Ravens training practice on Saturday (it kills me that my pregnancy will basically span from the start of football season to the superbowl but oh well!) and then a crab feast.  The weather was so nice!!  Sunday I spent the whole day relaxing and avoiding laundry which was wonderful.

QOTW: My nausea starts around the early afternoon and hits a peak around 8ish.  Every day brings new aversions and cravings.  I couldn't eat pizza the other day which made me very, very sad. I still can't stand the thought of hummus which used to be my favorite snack.  I have been craving cereal more often than anything else.  DH had me go grocery shopping alone (despite my warnings!) and I can back with some interesting choices.  Freezer pops and jolly ranchers have both been helping to soothe my need to barf!

Hope everyone has a great week and GL to everyone with u/s and appointments!

• Options

Good morning Becca!  So glad to see LO is still fighting to stick around!

I had my first u/s last Thursday and saw our little bean and heard it's heartbeat.  It was amazing.  My due date got pushed up by 3 days to March 16th.  I went to a wedding this weekend and I told some family which was exciting too. 

I had a craving for sausage links for the last couple of days that I was finally able to satisfy this morning.  No aversions yet and no bad morning sickness except for some occasional queasiness during the middle of the day. I have been using the preggie pops which have helped. 

Becca, can you change my due date on the blog to the 16th?  Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My weekend was great!  My mom came into town and ended up buying a crib, dresser, and changing table!!  DH and I registered at Target and Babies R Us yesterday, and my BFF called to start planning the shower!  I have my first appointment today and am super excited!!!

QOTW:  I have an aversion to bananas and meat, but my morning sickness has been mia for almost 2 weeks now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options

Weekend was good - pretty low key.  On Sat night, I slept for 12 hrs straight, and could've kept on sleeping.  Haha.

QOTD:

My craving for Asian soup noodles has been pretty constant, but I have pretty strong aversions to chicken, and lots of different smells (like pasta, for some reason).  Right now, reading the list of aversions in this post makes me feel m/s!

• Options

Ultrasound this morning...HB going strong!  EDD is March 26th (which was what I figured anyway).

Cravings:  Slurpees 

Aversions:  Milk, eggs, meat, garbage can smells

Eating:  Eggo Blueberry Waffles, crackers, bread

• Options

Morning! Good luck at your appt this morning Becca! I bet everything is just perfect with your LO!

My weekend was pretty low key. On Saturday I sat my tush on the couch all day. Then yesterday we went to church and went out to brunch with family. We finally told my Husbands family that we are expecting times 2. They were all really excited!

Cravings: Tacos    Aversions: basically everything else.  I have all day sickness so its hard to find something that sounds good. I just try to nibble on food as much as possible.

• Options

Our weekend was good!  We told my Dad and his wife about the baby on Friday night.  Saturday we went out with our very dear friends who are moving to Houston this weekend Sad and yesterday I basically laid around all day while DH washed the cars and made dinner.

QOTW: I have not had any m/s, queasiness, or food aversions.  My mom never had any m/s during any of her pregnancies, so I'm pleased to be following in her footsteps (so far!).  I can eat pretty much anything and everything these days.  I'm not really feeling salad though, and am definitely craving carbs more than anything else.

• Options

I had a great weekend.  Five of my six boys were home.  My oldest has gone back up to Chicago to college.  We just played in the pool, cooked out, went fishing in a friend's pond, and played a lot of pitch and catch.  And my 10 year old had a friend over.  That's HUGE for him because he has autism. 

I think I'm craving berries, and I ate cherries like they were going out of style.  But bananas, something I usually love, YUCKO.  The thought of them makes me sick.  I have "evening sickness" and it kind of comes and goes.  But I've been lucky so far, no real sickness, just nausea.  Thursday is my first appointment, and I don't think they'll do an ultrasound, and I don't think they'd be able to pick up the heartbeat on doppler, so it might not be too exciting.  I soooo want to hear or see the little one's thumper, though, just to know that all is well. 

This week will be busy.  Going to go into my classroom and work because school starts a week from today, and go with my husband to two of his horse races and help him out at his work.  He owns a Pizza King, and yes, I guess pizza has been tasting mighty good lately for me, too.   Hope everyone else has a great week!

• Options

Weekend was relaxing - we went and saw Inception.  It was good, but lonnnng and not really my thing.  

Today is our first u/s - the OB wanted to do one because of my history of cysts and because I wasn't charting and had irregular cycles.  I am so freakin nervous, I can hardly breathe.  I wish 3:30 would get here already!

M/S SUCKS.  I'm having a bit of a reprieve today (::fingers crossed::), but normally it's waves of nausea all day.  Pretty much nothing sounds good.  My "cravings" are whatever I think I can keep down.  Ugh.  I can't wait for 1st tri to be over!  I suck on candies and try not to let my stomach get too empty.  I also smell fresh ginger and keep hydrated. 

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

Weekend was good, we are still getting settled in our new house.  DH said this morning he just wants to be done moving into the house so we can have at least a month or two of being in the house before we have to start the nursery :)

QOTW:  I have been having miserable all day sickness, which I know is a good sign of things growing and being as they should but it still sucks.  I crave sweet things when I do want to eat - like banana bread or apples or french toast.  I have an aversion to fried things right now (so not like me) so fries or other things of that nature are not working.  If I can get some protein in my body (PBJ or scrambled eggs w/ some cheese have been working) I usually feel better.  I need to be better about staying hydrated.

• Options
    I'm craving sugary cereal.  I would also like a McDonald's cheeseburger.
  • Options

I spent all day Saturday in the hospital from extreme dehydration which led to a bladder infection. Thurs, Fri and Sat I started throwing up every 2 hours and couldn't keep anything down. 2 bags of fluids and some anti-nausea medicine and I am feeling much better. I am sad to admit that I have lost 15lbs since getting pregnant though :(

QOTW:

Are you starting to have any cravings? Yesterday I started craving a Big Mac and its the ONLY thing that sounded the least bit appetizing to me. Its weird because I do not eat hamburgers or ground beef and haven't eaten at McDonald's since I don't know when.

Aversions? Nothing ever sounds good to me, but I am noticing that my body does not like butter. 

If you are battling morning sickness what are you eating that helps or that you can at least get down? I have been battling serious m/s and the only thing that is helping now is anti-nausea meds. I didn't want to take them and made it through 3 wks of terrible m/s but after ending up in the hospital on Saturday, I don't really have a choice. 

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Options
    imageMrsMoher:

Can I join the group?  Where do I get the little badges?  My EDD is March 29th for now but since I will likely have the same pre-e worries as with Eli I would expect to be induced early and deliver mid to late March.

Welcome, the link to the badges are in my siggy labeled March Moms Blog.

• Options

Happy Monday Ladies...

Weekend was nice.  We had our annual wine tasting pasta party.  Which of course I did not get to participate in the wine part of the party......

I am super sick and crampy.  I am living off of mac and cheese and love of my husband.  I cannot wait for this part to be over.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Bless your heart.  Hope the meds work and that you get to feeling better soon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"