Postpartum Depression

Started meds

I started taking Zoloft Monday night. I was prescribed 100 mg, but a couple hours after I took it I got very fuzzy-headed, dizzy, nauseous, and tired, but I couldn't sleep. The next day I cut it back to 50 mg and slept much better last night. did most of you see a change in your mood within a week or two?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Started meds

• I'm taking zoloft too. 50mg. Since the day I started taking it...I haven't cried. I definitely noticed a difference right away....
  • Did your Dr step you up to 100mg?  Zoloft is one of those meds you don't just "jump right into."  I was taking 50 mg, but started on 25 mg every other day for a week, then 25mg every day for a week then up to the full dose of 50mg.  I would call your Dr and see if you were supposed to step up to the full dose. 

Back to your original question.  I saw a change almost immediately - however, I will stipulate that with the fact that I am very sensitive to medication.  My Dr warned me that it could take up to 4 weeks or so for the Zoloft to full take effect.  The other hint that she gave me - if you are having trouble sleeping because of it - take it in the morning instead of at night.  As for the other side effects, they should go away in about a week or so.  Just make sure you take the Zoloft with a full glass of water.  It should all be good.  Good luck!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have taken Zoloft in the past (25 mg) and it had no effect on me whatsoever so she wanted me to try the 100mg. But you're right, my body did not handle that very well jumping right into it so I cut it back to 50. It seems to be working much better for me. I do take it at night because I found it does make me a bit fatigued. The past couple of nights I have not had trouble sleeping with the exception of waking around 4 or 5 am and having trouble going back to sleep.

Come to think of it, I haven't cried in a few days either! Maybe it's working faster than normal!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just started it yesterday myself. Hope mine works as quick as yours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"