Georgia Babies
Options

Brag about your DH here

I don't do this often enough so I thought I'd start a post where we can post little brags on our DH's.

John is out of town for a few days this week. He made sure to go to the grocery store before he left and stock the house up with staples and easy things for us to have for dinner while he is gone. So nice.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: Brag about your DH here

• Options

I complain about my husband not being more involved on the weekends, but this past Saturday when I slept until 10 am, he was a rock star of a dad.   They played so much that she napped like a champ.   I didn't know he had it in him because I'm always there to jump in I guess and he pulls back. 

He is also being very over-protective of me in my last few weeks of pregnancy.  

• Options
    He actually gets DD to sit and "go" on her new little kiddie potty throughout the day. She refuses to have any part of it when I try. I already feel like she treats him with more authority.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH watched all 3 kiddos this past weekend so I could have a girl's getaway at the beach! It was so relaxing, especially knowing the kids were being loved on by their daddy. He is also coming home early so I can take H to the doctor and not have to load up all 3 kids!! LOVE him!!

• Options
    Ooh I like this idea.  I have the best DH ever.  He takes such good care of me and Gavin.  He shares the chores and does just as much cooking and cleaning as I do.  He really is my partner and I am such a lucky girl.  I guarantee you that he will be doing everything tonight b/c I'm in so much pain I am just dying to get in bed.  And he won't complain at all- he'll actually be mad at me for not taking today off to take care of myself.  He's the best :-) 

• Options
    Adam is an awesome hubby most of the time :) Yesterday he knew I was feeling tired and sore so he completely took over when he got home from work. Taking care of Charlie, making dinner (and cleaning it up), and helping with the bedtime routine. Then we had an ice cream sundae and snuggles on the couch. I really love that guy <3
  • Options
    My dh surprised me with a massage at Ici Paris Saturday morning.  When I returned from that, he told me to go relax and take a nap!  When he's in town, he does 99 percent of the cooking (which is delicious).  He's also so good with our boys and helps to get them ready for bed.  I'm so lucky to have a dh that is a hard worker and takes care of his family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aw, how sweet!

I could brag on my DH just about every day.  He is a great cook, probably cleans more than I do, and is the most amazing Daddy I've ever seen.  Our anniversary was last week and he wrote me the most amazing letter that made me cry - in a good way! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    My DH is wonderful! When he is in town, he cares for Abigail about 99.9999% of the time. He is such a good father and good husband. He works so hard so I can stay home. He cleans better, and more often than I do. He's so selfless, giving, loving, I could go on and on and on. He is such an amazing guy! :o)
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I won't go too into detail about how awesome my DH is for fear of y'all absolutely hating me, so I'll keep it simple. Stick out tongue

DH programmed the coffee maker before he left on his business trip. I had nice hot coffee at 6:30 Monday morning and didn't have to lift a finger.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I may be hormotional, but these are making me tear up. What a bunch of wonderful DH's and Dads we have on this board. So great to hear these stories!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    When DH is home on the weekends he has bottle washing dutie and midnight feeding even if he gets home after a seven hour drive. I love him for that! He is also a really big help at making dinner with me, he is always willing to help out in any way possible. Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so proud of my DH. He has worked so hard for the past two months, going to the gym 5 days a week and eating healthy. He's dropped 15 pounds and looks great.
  • Options

My husbands cooks much more often than me and he is an excellent kitchen clean-up guy! And recently he totally surprised me with a present for me at our DS's small, family b-day party.  He got me a Pandora bracelet with the cutest little baby carriage charm!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH takes my car every weekend to fill it with gas and get it cleaned so I haven't had to pump gas since I've been pregnant.  He also does all the laundry and leaves me neatly folded piles of my clothing on our bed.

• Options
    DH has been working crazy late hours for the last week, but skipped sleeping in late this morning to make sure he got to play with DD and feed her before school. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Love this!  My DH has always been super supportive of me staying at home, which was really important to me.  The past 3 weekends we've been parents, he has let me sleep in until whenever and spends the morning with Matt.  And the best thing: he still cleans the litter box and sweeps/mops the entire downstairs.
  • Options
    DH got up this morning and took Colin to the zoo today so that I could get things done around my house! It was PURE HEAVEN! They had some awesome father son time. We will definitely need a city pass so we can do all of the fun things like the aquarium, children's museum, Fernbank, etc. It was SO nice to get a break and accomplish things today. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The man who told me when we got married that he didn't understand SAHM is fine with me at home raising our daughter.  He works so hard to support us and does  a great job, we have quite a wonderful life.
  • Options

I thank God for my DH:

Since we have been married I no longer iron or vacuum.  Since Natalie has been born, DH gets up at every feeding and changes her diaper, brings her to me and puts her back to bed after I have breastfed her.  He mostly does the bedtime routine giving me the needed time to breathe after spending the day caring for Natalie and then preparing for a night of homework since I'm in Grad school.  HE is ONE in a MILLION!!!

• Options
    My DH deep cleaned the kitchen last night and works really hard 12-13 hour days every day!
  • Options

This is a great post!

My DH is amazing. He grocery shops every Sunday and helps me cook dinner and clean the kitchen every night. He asks me every Friday what I need him to do around the house over the weekend. He makes a list and gets it all done by the time the weekend is over. He busts his tail at work so that we are secure financially, and he is 100% supportive of me going full time with my part time business in the near future, even though it means a huge cut to our income. 

• Options

DH's latest greatest moment was asking me last night, "On a scale from 1-10, where would you rate our marriage?  And what can I do to make it or keep it a 10?"

And then he gave me a back massage.  :-)

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, my husband is a real Zero.  Kidding, kidding.  The single most awesome thing he does is makes me a cup of coffee every single morning and wakes me up with it.  Sometimes he even bends down and tips the cup to the side so I can have my first sip without even having to get all the way up.  It's incredible.  And he's SO NOT like that, just makes it all the more special.  He also cleans the kitchen almost every night.  He has this little list of "chores" that I never ever have to ask (nag) about.  Cleaning the kitchen, taking out the trash and making sure the cars are locked at night and the house alarm is set.

• Options

Aw, what a nice thought and what great nestie hubbies!

I feel like I brag about him all the time, but my DH is really a super star. He does all the husband jobs plus he's affectionate and makes me feel so loved everyday. Lately he's been building anything and everything I ask from replacing our entire deck to installing custom wainscoting in the nursery. And he tells me I am the most beautiful I have ever been even though I am getting huge - but I can see it in his eyes that he means it and that means the world to me. Can't wait to see him as a daddy! I definitely won the husband lottery.

• Options
    I'll join in late to the game. I could go on forever. B is so great working 12 hr days and helps out at home. Tonight he got off early to go help my dad with some things at their house. Then wanted to go get ice cream and go for a walk with us when he got home. Sometimes it's just the little things. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"