Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Walking question

Lauryn has been crawling since 9mths and cruising since 11mths or so.  Just in the past week she started taking some steps, no more than 6.  Then she gets so excited and falls down and then crawls. 

How long from when they took a few steps did it take your LO to go to full out walking? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Walking question

• Options
    2 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A little over 2 weeks.  He was taking 2-3 steps on his birthday (July 16) and started full out walking over the weekend.
  • Options
    A few days - it sounds like she's really close!  At that point, we started trying to entice her to walk to things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    about a month. She was cruising forever (from 8-13 months!), took a few steps at 13 months, but wasn't fully walking until 14.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    within a week my daughter could walk across the room, but she still crawls and she still holds onto the wall or her fence.  I don't know if you consider that all out walking. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    My DD took a few steps at 9 months and once she was 10 months she was full on walking. It was only a few days.
  • Options
    DD took her first few steps at 12 1/2 mo then she refused to even try again for a week. After that, she started picking up the pace and gradually going longer distances. It was only last week, so almost that I month, that I started considering her a walker though, meaning she was walking more then crawling and walking just because instead of just walking to get from point A to point B. DD cannot stand up without something to pull up on still, so if she falls in the middle of the floor, she will crawl over to something/someone to get back up. I'm surprised to see how many people's kids picked it up in a few days. My LO just isn't like that. She always has to build up a while for new skills.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    It was 2-3 weeks from when DS could take a few steps at a time until he started choosing walking over crawling. 
    Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Options

audrey walked first.  she was more confident and taking more steps around their birthday.  vivienne was taking a few steps, then falling.

it's hard to say when exactly they were fully walking... it was gradual.  audrey went through a stage where she'd walk up to 20 steps, then fall.  i didn't consider that full on walking.

now they are all out walking, and audrey picks up some serious speed these days.  they still fall!  they both fall down constantly when tired.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

She took her first steps one day, and then the next day she walked all the way down the hall. By the end of that week she was a full-time walker.

She was a later walker though, so I think that may have been part of the reason she picked it up so fast once she got the confidence to try. She didn't take those first few steps until a week before she turned 16 mo.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    My DD started walking at 81/2 months. She really wanted to Move!! So from her first few steps, everytime she fell she got right back up. So id say a few days to a week.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    About a week.
  • Options
    My DD never took a few steps; she went all in. She went from standing only, to walking after seeing her cousin (who is almost 2 months older than her) walk. She does things in her own weird little way though, so it's not surprising that she did this.
  • Options
    A couple days.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"