Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Poll: things you have learned from the bump

I just had asparagus and thought about the time we discussed "asparagus pee" and I learned that it was genetic and not all people have stinky asparagus pee. Man, this place is making us smart. What have you learned on tb?

Re: Poll: things you have learned from the bump

• Options

LOL I remember that!

I should put a disclaimer on all posts that could be perceived negatively in any way, shape or form LOLLLLLLLL

• Options

Asparagus pee smell is not universal????  WHA???

***off to google***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously I have learned that internet friends can be great friends! :)
  • Options
    Oh and Pioneer Woman you guys introduced me to her and the wonderful recipes. 
  • Options

Honestly, I have learned SOOOO much from here.  Isn't that kinda the point?  Mostly, I have learned that all kids grow, learn, develope at their own levels and to NOT compare.  It use to drive me crazy.  I learned a lot from newborn stage to preschool.  There are always tons of great ideas/blogs/recipes floating around here.

Annnd I, too, learned that internet friends are sometimes better than "real" friends. : )

• Options

imageMrs.Hubbard:
    Oh and Pioneer Woman you guys introduced me to her and the wonderful recipes. 

yes!  PW! thank you!

and you've kept me sane when on the brink of insanity. ; )  

• Options
    The bump introduced me to PW and etsy, taught me the importance of extended rear facing, and i have learned that whatever parenting challenge you are going through, someone else-somewhere-is going through it too.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I remember the asparagus pee discussion, as well!

And PW. And lots of etiquette things. And to ease up on myself a bit. And friendship. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I forgot charting!!! I learned all about charting from the bump, back in the day when botb was the only baby board!!! TCOYF was all the rage in '05!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I learned about PW, Spark People, and how to post a siggy.  (Still don't know how to post a link that's "clicky", though. :/ )
  • Options
    imagePaigeC1981:
    I forgot charting!!! I learned all about charting from the bump, back in the day when botb was the only baby board!!! TCOYF was all the rage in '05!!!
    Yes! I knew very little about that before the nest.
  • Options
    Dude, where do I even begin? What have I learned... like EVERYTHING. My kids probably wouldn't have survived had I not had my bump addiction;) Really though, I can't list it all. You guys are a wealth of knowledge to me!
  • Options

Mostly I've gotten recommendations on stuff to buy, but also parenting advice. Off the top of my head:

Parenting:

-making my own baby food and wholesomebabyfood.com

-CIO is not the norm (everybody in my real life does it, thought it was just what everyone did)

Produts: 

-Sophie the Giraffe

-Homedics Soundspa (baby crack machine)

-Etsy

-babysteals.com

-babylegs

-nursery wall decals

-picky sticky month stickers for onesies

Miscellaneous:

-PW

• Options

how awesome internet friends can be ;)

car seat knowledge - huge imo!

sleep phases

how to figure out good baby shoes when Carson started walking

killer receipes

birthday ideas

you guys helped me with Carson's first stomach/puke experience.

cleaning ideas

seriously.......the list could go on forever!

• Options

agree there is so much!  Extended rear facing car seats is a biggie.  I like being able to see different perspectives on issues, but also go to my niche groups for philosophies that might not be the norm (AP, Natural Birth, EFF). 

I restored a dresser from seeing it done on the D&R board
    I use a bucket in my shower to catch the water because of the Green Living board (and a lot of other info)

I bought the baby crack machine, and I use it - didn't work for DD
    I bought Sophie for DD2 Embarrassed

I've met a lot of sweet ladies and love seeing everyone's "babies" growing up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"