Attachment Parenting
Options

Today was my first day of work

I got hired at RadioShack last week and started today.  I worked for 4 1/2 hours and learned a lot!  Now the bad news..... DH took care of DD while I was at work, and when I got home he kind of gave me crap.  I understand that he is tired, depressed because he can't walk, and DD wouldn't take anything he offered milkwise.  She also started to scream if his attention wasn't 100% completely focused on her.  So far I really like this job and want to keep it, but I can't have DD going 4+ hours every couple days without food.  Any ideas on what I can do to make my work time more enjoyable for both DH and DD?  I don't want the two of them miserable while I work, and I REALLY don't want DD to not eat while I work.  I think I have mentioned before that she only takes bottles at random intervals and isn't good with them. 

Re: Today was my first day of work

• Options
    DH usually watches DD while I shop or get housework done, and she's back and forth on being okay with him without me there.
  • Options

not much in the way of suggestions, but ((hugs)) to all 3 of you. it was just a first day for all of you. hang in there a bit, and see if DH and DD don't both acclimate a bit to these longer stretches. 

your shopping + housework times are less routine/scheduled than your work will be. maybe the routine of it will help them to adjust. if you think you'll enjoy the job, it's worth it to give it a chance to work.

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"