Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Am I the only one who gets depressed on payday?

I get paid once a month, and work on all commission.  I was so excited (and financially anxiously awaiting) today's paycheck because I had a great month last month.  I checked my bank account and though "Oh there must be a mistake" when I saw the amount that was deposited.  Nope.  After taxes, social security, medicare, state tax, health/dental/disability (I pay for our whole family) and 401k my paycheck was less than HALF my gross pay.  So depressing.  So I have basically just enough to cover our bills...am I the only one who gets depressed seeing all the taxes,etc...on payday?

Re: Am I the only one who gets depressed on payday?

• Options
    I'm a small business owner so once I get a "paycheck" after I have figured out taxes, my aflac insurance, supplies and props my actual take home pay is pretty sad. If only I could win the lottery, lol.
  • Options

I have a big budget on EXCEL so I don't even pay attention to my paychecks anymore.  I know how much has to go where and any extra over what we anticipated just gets dumped into savings.

It's different though because I'm salary so I know what taxes/insurance/investments will be taken out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with Mavila, it's easier being salaried. I really only focus on my net pay because it's too depressing to think of the gross and all that gets deducted.
  • Options
    ugh, commission gets taxed soo bad! (at least it seemed that way when I had such a great commission month and compared my gross to my net!)
  • Options
    Yup taxes do suck.  I only get about 50% of my pay too.  30% goes to the government and 20% to health/dental/savings/401k/options.  I always tell DH that my first 3 days/10 day pay period goes straight to Uncle Sam.  I hope income taxes don't get raised any time soon or it won't even be worth it for me to work full time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, I feel the same way! Its like "woo hoo its payday" then I pay the bills and go "oh sh!t we have $____ to live off of for two weeks?!?!"
  • Options
    DH is salaried and I don't even look at the gross. In addition to the ins and taxes, he has his parking $$$! and "voluntary" charitablele contribution deducted.
  • Options

imagechelsb@cc.usu.edu:
    Nope, I feel the same way! Its like "woo hoo its payday" then I pay the bills and go "oh sh!t we have $____ to live off of for two weeks?!?!"

LOL-that's exactly what I did today!

• Options
    Yup I dread payday and paying bills. I get so depressed for the whole day. I hate it. I keep trying to get dh just to pay the bills so I don't have to be responsible.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I are both salaried so I only focus on our net pay.  However; I think we have too many taxes coming out.  I still claim 0 when I could claim 2 and DH only claims 1.  I'm not sure why we haven't changed it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"