D.C. Area Babies
Options

childbirth classes

Has anybody taken or planning to take Birthworks by Susan Messina? I am trying to decide whether to do her class or sign up at Childbirth-N-Babies.

https://www.susanmessina.com/

https://www.childbirth-n-babies.com/

Thanks.

Ericka

Re: childbirth classes

• Options

Me! Me! I took Birthworks with Susan Messina!

:-)

I loved it (obviously). If you're interested in going natural, it's a great way to go. You learn a lot about pregnancy, labor, pain management, and ways to avoid interventions. (Like did you know, even if you aren't induced, they will sometimes give you pitocin after the baby is born to speed up the delivery of the placenta? It's true!) I used a lot of her techniques and it helped me have the intervention-free birth that I wanted. 

We did the weekend intensive; I'm sure the longer class gets into a lot of great detail but I felt like that was the perfect amount of information for us. 

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    imagetomandcourt:

Me! Me! I took Birthworks with Susan Messina!

:-)

I loved it (obviously). If you're interested in going natural, it's a great way to go. You learn a lot about pregnancy, labor, pain management, and ways to avoid interventions. (Like did you know, even if you aren't induced, they will sometimes give you pitocin after the baby is born to speed up the delivery of the placenta? It's true!) I used a lot of her techniques and it helped me have the intervention-free birth that I wanted. 

We did the weekend intensive; I'm sure the longer class gets into a lot of great detail but I felt like that was the perfect amount of information for us. 

Good luck!

Thanks! I am leaning towards doing her weekend intensive class. We were on the waitlist and she just opened up spots! :-). I assume we do not need to take any other class if we go to hers? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, you won't need another childbirth class. We took some classes through our hospital (breastfeeding, infant care, CPR/first aid) but in terms of the birth you'll be set.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I took her 8 week class and thought it was great!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Sounds good. Thanks! We're seeing her this coming Monday/Tuesday :-).

• Options
    I also took Susan Messina's intensive class.  Highly recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"