Baby Showers
Options

Should I register for more things ?

My invites went out monday , it is now Thursday evening and 5 out of 6 of the bigger items have been bought , I didnt put alot of things on my registery because I didnt want to look gift grabby . I also must add that I will have about 50-60 people at this shower , I just didnt think people would buy the big gifts .Do I go back and add ??

Re: Should I register for more things ?

• Options
    What's still left on the registry?  You're not obligated to put big items on that you're not going to use - as long as there are plenty of things at moderate and lower pricepoints, I think you're fine.  A lot of people like to buy a few smaller items.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    Like pp said, what's left on your registry? If you have a lot of other items left you should be fine. If you didn't put that much on there you need to add, you're inviting a lot of people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When in doubt, add!!!  I went to BB&B and Macy's today to get a friend's bridal shower gift and there's was so few things on both her registries it was SO frustrating!!!  I had to look all over the whole store just to get a bunch of little items.  You're inviting a lot of people, so you want to give them lots of options at different price points.  What big items have been bought already?  I can think of quite a few big items I have on my registry so I can give you suggestions.
  • Options
    When you have a bigger shower, people tend to go in on a group gift...so yes, I think I would add a few more of the larger items. Honestly, you can always return it for a store credit to buy the small things you may not get but actually need.
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options

If there is stuff you still need and it's not on your registry, then add.

I don't get the concept of how having a lot on your registry is "gift grabby".  All it is is your wish list.  It doesn't require anyone to buy a lot of stuff for you just because there is a lot on there.  Whether you have 10 things or 100, I'm going to buy you one thing w/in my price range - period!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

If there is stuff you still need and it's not on your registry, then add.

I don't get the concept of how having a lot on your registry is "gift grabby".  All it is is your wish list.  It doesn't require anyone to buy a lot of stuff for you just because there is a lot on there.  Whether you have 10 things or 100, I'm going to buy you one thing w/in my price range - period!

I agree. AND it gives everyone more options. I say add more

• Options
    The guy at BRU told us to put three times the number of guests in items.  So, if you're having 60 guests, you should have 180 items on the registry.  Now, that might seem like a lot, but you can register for books and stuff too.  I would put diapers on there too, in case there is a special brand you favor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If there are things that you left off that you need or even a few cute things that you just want, yes add them.  But if you have all of your bases covered already, don't add just to add.  People will fill in with clothes and books and blankets.

And i agree that having a long registry doesn't look gift grabby.  Registering for things that aren't really baby related like a tv for the nursery, or a Wii to help get the baby weight off, etc, THAT looks gift grabby.  Registering for 3-4 high chairs, travel systems, etc, THAT looks gift grabby. Having 200 items on your registry, especially if you have a lot of smaller items like safety things, bath supplies, etc, doesn't look gift grabby, and it gives people the chance to give you a gift basket with several small things that you need.

• Options

I had a similar situation--the big items bought first--but i still needed a lot of the smaller things. I was a afraid if I added more big things (that i didn't need as much), then people wouldn't buy the smaller things I still needed. so I waited it out a little bit and made sure there were enough items every few days.

i was just afraid i'd add a big thing i didn't really need, and someone close to me would buy it so i wouldn't feel comfortable returning it. i say if there are still plenty of small things you need, don't add, but keep an eye on it.

• Options

imageputerbaby:
    The guy at BRU told us to put three times the number of guests in items.  So, if you're having 60 guests, you should have 180 items on the registry.  Now, that might seem like a lot, but you can register for books and stuff too.  I would put diapers on there too, in case there is a special brand you favor.

This got me thinking, between my two registries I have about 160 items. Between my 2 showers with guests lists about 65 people were invited.  Then there is my work shower and there is no telling how many people will come to that (fliers posted at work, done during work hours, 300 people in my department).  I honestly think it 30-50 people would not be a stretch.

I guess I will just keep my eyes on them and if things start to get low by the third shower DH and I will add a few more things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"