Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

F/U to CPS

Well someone actually did call CPS. I literally couldn't believe it when they called me at work today. A very nice lady came out to my house today and sat down and let me tell her the whole story. She looked at the syringe I used to give it to him and how much I had used on him, looked over the house, and was completely annoyed that she was called in the first place. She said that there was absolutely no reason to be called out. She closed the case and told me it was be expunged from our history. I just wanted to let you hoity toity better than eveyone moms who called know. I am not a bad mom, I am a good mom. Shame on you for making me question that and feel like that. She had also stated that she had heard from a few pedi's that said that it can be used on a small dosage to help with develop a healthy sleep pattern in babies who couldn't rest (mind you she didn't say she agreed, just offered info she had heard). For others that were supportive to me I appreciate it. The comments and statements that were said that night broke my heart and made me feel like scum, your nice comments were so kind and uplifting. Bless you.

After this my husband has told me I can't get on here anymore due to all the emotional stress and drama it has created. Which sucks because there are some awesome moms on here that have really helped me out. Thank you.

imageimage

Re: F/U to CPS

• Options

Wow, that sucks. How in the world did someone know what your real name/address was? Wouldn't they have to know this information to report you?

Anyway, I don't think your husband should tell you that you can't post here anymore. I just think you shouldn't share those types of things in the future. :)  

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    imagehomebird:

Wow, that sucks. How in the world did someone know what your real name/address was? Wouldn't they have to know this information to report you?

Anyway, I don't think your husband should tell you that you can't post here anymore. I just think you shouldn't share those types of things in the future. :)  

I have no idea. But I do have alot of personal information on here. I guess I am just too trusting and naive.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh for the love of god. I'm sorry that happened to you. Calling CPS was a jerk move and a huge over-reaction.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's effing garbage and I'm so sorry that happened to you. 
  • Options
    It's terrible that you were put through that with all of the name calling and worst of all having CPS out to your house! Good luck to you and your family.
  • Options
    That is effing ridiculous that someone called CPS on you. I am so sorry that you had to go through that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Jeesus, this is unbelievable to me.  OP I am so sorry that this happened to you. 

Whoever actually reported this should literally be ashamed that you wasted taxpayer money and diverted CPS from actual cases of child abuse. 

OP - let this be a lesson to you.  You need to google your SN and make sure all your personal identifying information is well hidden, especially if you are posting pictures of your children online.  There are sickos and weirdos out there.  I know none of us like to think that our privacy will be invaded, but it happens every day.  This is why I don't even put my own picture in my siggy (I think the chances of someone recognizing DS is remote)

• Options
    While I completely disagree with what you did, I think it was an overreaction to call CPS. You sound like a good mom who made a poor choice, not someone who is purposely neglecting their child.
  • Options

CPS shouldn't have been called it was completely ridiculous and uncalled for.

Its pretty easy to find out someones name address etc with facebook and google. 

• Options

I think you made a big mistake by giving your LO Ben. simply because it can be dangerous.  I know this because my SIL told me she tried giving it to her LO to make her sleep in desperation, then asked her pedi about it, who told her absolutly not.  That said, I think calling CPS is an over-reaction....I think people thought from your post that you drugged your baby for an entire week.  Not excusing, but at the same time...

Anyways, I'm glad it's over and done with.  I hope things go more smoothly in the future for you.

• Options
    WOW! I honestly didn't think that anyone would actually do that! Unbelievable. I am really sorry that this is the experience you have had on TB. There really are a lot of wonderful and supportive ladies here. Good luck to you and your family.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It was Sweet Spikette. She's on my list. I think there were others too, but she was definitely one. Sweet Spikette, if you read this you are an idiot and an a-hole, and I hope you never make a mistake like lhoweth here has. I would smack you if I met you IRL.
  • Options
    I was one of the bumpies who commented to your original post. I wouldn't say my comment was hateful (more snarky/disgusted), but I know you did get a lot of them, attacking you pretty harshly. I just wanted to say I commented before I read that you had checked with your doctor and made your apologetic post(s). I made a snap judgement and I am sorry. Although I wouldn't make the same choice, I know I have/will make decisions that I will regret later, especially in a sleep deprived state! ;). I don't think you're a bad parent and find it ridiculous that CPS was called. Hopefully, like the officer said, it will not be on your record. Hope you can forgive me- I won't be making snarky comments again, that's for sure! I'm sorry again and even though I'm technically on 6-9, it would be a shame if you had to leave these boards.
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:
    Oh for the love of god. I'm sorry that happened to you. Calling CPS was a jerk move and a huge over-reaction.

Seriously a jerk move!

I'm sorry that those women were so cruel to you. You obviously were not wrong in doing what your pedi said. I have had cps come to my house, and I know what a stressful thing it can be, even though you know you are in the right. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Effing crazy people.
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:
    It was Sweet Spikette. She's on my list. I think there were others too, but she was definitely one. Sweet Spikette, if you read this you are an idiot and an a-hole, and I hope you never make a mistake like lhoweth here has. I would smack you if I met you IRL.

Yes 

• Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:

Yes 

• Options
    Jeezus, that biatch need to be slapped for wasting CPS time. I'm very sorry that happened to you and I'm glad nothing too terrible happened.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options

These boards are reedick. I may take another 2 month "break".

I am SO SO SO sorry for you OP.

• Options

I used to work with CPS, and I am shocked that they even sent someone out to your house. In our region, it would have been closed with the initial call, since you were following the recommendation of a doctor.

I'm sorry that this happened to you--I think it was absolutely ridiculous. 

I also wonder how your name and info was tracked down...does anyone from these boards have your email address or something that they could have traced to Facebook? 

• Options
    OP I put in as much information as you give and still couldn't find anything on you. I find it interesting that they tracked you down
  • Options

imagemurfygirl:
    OP I put in as much information as you give and still couldn't find anything on you. I find it interesting that they tracked you down

MUD?

• Options

Wow. I don't agree with what you did, but I certainly would never have called CPS on you.

I am glad it turned out okay.

• Options
    imagedenahamilton@cox.net:

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

IDK I do remember the original post and 2 posters clearly stating they called CPS. Maybe they're better at being nosy biitches than me Stick out tongue

• Options
    lmpdjclmpdjc member
    Oh, FFS!  I can't believe CPS even made the trip to your house.  I'm sorry that it came to this and that you now feel like you can't be on here.  There really are a bunch of very supportive ladies around.  :(
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:

Yes 

• Options

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

You're not trying hard enough.  I can pull her up on an address search site which also links to her facebook.

OP- it's ridiculous that CPS was called on you!  You're not a bad mommy, just a sleep-deprived one.

Also, don't leave!  I would 100% recommend creating a new user id and giving less personal info so you can't be found so easily.  There are a lot of nice women here with good advice who want to help.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemurfygirl:

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

IDK I do remember the original post and 2 posters clearly stating they called CPS. Maybe they're better at being nosy biitches than me Stick out tongue

Sweet Spikette called. She PM'd me to tell me that she used her location and last name (from her screenanme) to find her myspace page which listed her full name. I don't know how she got the address...but I think she obviously has too much time on her hands if she actually took the time to look up the OP's information.

• Options
    imagemurfygirl:

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

I remember that original post too but I missed the ladies saying they were going to call..SO MESSED UP.

• Options
    imagesapgirl76:

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

You're not trying hard enough.  I can pull her up on an address search site which also links to her facebook.

OP- it's ridiculous that CPS was called on you!  You're not a bad mommy, just a sleep-deprived one.

Also, don't leave!  I would 100% recommend creating a new user id and giving less personal info so you can't be found so easily.  There are a lot of nice women here with good advice who want to help.

Yeah I suck at snooping on people LOL

• Options
    imagemurfygirl:

CPS shouldn't have been called it was completely ridiculous and uncalled for.

Its pretty easy to find out someones name address etc with facebook and google. 

Not necessarily. That's what privacy settings are for.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

You guys have a really short attention span. The woman drugged her kid. For a week. And then talked about it on the internet.

I for one, don't believe a word of this f/u, but if it's true, no sympathy here.

• Options
    imagediana82:

You guys have a really short attention span. The woman drugged her kid. For a week. And then talked about it on the internet.

I for one, don't believe a word of this f/u, but if it's true, no sympathy here.

She followed pediatricians instructions. She gave her baby benadryl something that is safe upon drs instructions in infants. She didn't come on here and say she beats her kid every night but can't help it!

• Options
    imagediana82:

She followed her pedi's orders... she said that in her OP, even before people started to flame her.

• Options

I am so sorry about the subsequent drama.  I agree that it was a waste of time for CPS to be involved.  I'm shocked that they responded so quickly. 

I still have a hard time believing a pediatrician suggested Benadryl for a week.  I talked to no less than 3 doctors (1 family practice and 2 pedis) and all three said quickly that they would never even hint at Benadryl to sedate an infant.  All three pointed me back to a  2006 Hopkins study.  And funny enough all three said malpractice suit waiting to happen. 

I think you should hang around, but with a new SN.

• Options
    imagegrapeape73:

I am so sorry about the subsequent drama.  I agree that it was a waste of time for CPS to be involved.  I'm shocked that they responded so quickly. 

I still have a hard time believing a pediatrician suggested Benadryl for a week.  I talked to no less than 3 doctors (1 family practice and 2 pedis) and all three said quickly that they would never even hint at Benadryl to sedate an infant.  All three pointed me back to a  2006 Hopkins study.  And funny enough all three said malpractice suit waiting to happen. 

I think you should hang around, but with a new SN.

Yes 

• Options
    imagejoshandash06:
    imagediana82:

She followed her pedi's orders... she said that in her OP, even before people started to flame her.

I highly doubt a competent pedi is going to suggest doing this for a week. And if mine did you bet your asss I'd find a new one.

• Options
    imageMrsRebecca:
    imagemurfygirl:

imagemurfygirl:

MUD?

Sweet Spikette called. She PM'd me to tell me that she used her location and last name (from her screenanme) to find her myspace page which listed her full name. I don't know how she got the address...but I think she obviously has too much time on her hands if she actually took the time to look up the OP's information.

This is against the TOS. You can get her banned if you wanted. 

I understand where she was coming from. If she truly thought it was child abuse she is a mandated reporter so in her mind, she did the right thing. I'm not saying it was right, especially since there's so much of the story that we don't know about. And I wouldn't have called. But, I still fail to see how a doctor would okay the use of Benedryl for a solid week (my understanding that it was everyday). And an RN is never supposed to give out dosing information. It is beyond her scope of care. She follows the dosing instructions that a doctor, PA, or NP gives her.

In all, sorry you had to go through that OP. Lesson learned and thankfully your LO is safe.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options

Oh, FFS.

You drugged your baby for a week so that you could "get some sleep" but then supposedly "checked on him" all night because "you were so worried". You listed it as a confession, implying that you felt, somewhere deep down, that it was wrong.

You were given some good advise - don't drug your baby to sleep. Children die because of being drugged to sleep, and it doesn't take a "lethal dose", just enough of one to inhibit their waking reflexes.

You put your child in danger. Yes, Benadryl CAN be given to young children  - it doesn't mean it should be. If your child was suffering from allergies, or congestion, or heIl, had a MEDICAL reason to be taking Benadryl under the supervision of a doctor, then I doubt you would have gotten flamed like you did. But Mommy being sleep-deprived is not, IMO (or apparently a lot of poster's), a valid reason to drug your child. There are other ways to help a sleep problem.

The posters that reported you were concerned for the safety of your baby. They didn't report you to get your child taken away, they reported you with the hope that you could get some help and resources from CPS, which obviously didn't work. PLEASE, for your son's sake, do some research on sleep training; read Happiest Baby on the Block; do something to avoid drugging him. It isn't safe.

(& no, it doesn't matter IF the pedi gave you the dosage - which I'm not sure if I believe they did - it's still not reason enough to put your son's life at risk. Everything we do for our children is risk vs. benefit. In this case, the risk outweighs the benefit, especially since there are other methods that carry virtually no risk.) 

• Options
    lmpdjclmpdjc member
    imagediana82:

I know exactly what she said/did.  She made a mistake and I highly doubt she'll make that mistake again.  She didn't know and had been given bad advice.  I was just as p!ssed as anyone and wasn't very nice in my replies to her post, but calling CPS? That crossed the line, she was not intentionally hurting her baby.

• Options
    imageWaitingOnTwoPinkLines:

Oh, FFS.

You drugged your baby for a week so that you could "get some sleep" but then supposedly "checked on him" all night because "you were so worried". You listed it as a confession, implying that you felt, somewhere deep down, that it was wrong.

You were given some good advise - don't drug your baby to sleep. Children die because of being drugged to sleep, and it doesn't take a "lethal dose", just enough of one to inhibit their waking reflexes.

You put your child in danger. Yes, Benadryl CAN be given to young children  - it doesn't mean it should be. If your child was suffering from allergies, or congestion, or heIl, had a MEDICAL reason to be taking Benadryl under the supervision of a doctor, then I doubt you would have gotten flamed like you did. But Mommy being sleep-deprived is not, IMO (or apparently a lot of poster's), a valid reason to drug your child. There are other ways to help a sleep problem.

The posters that reported you were concerned for the safety of your baby. They didn't report you to get your child taken away, they reported you with the hope that you could get some help and resources from CPS, which obviously didn't work. PLEASE, for your son's sake, do some research on sleep training; read Happiest Baby on the Block; do something to avoid drugging him. It isn't safe.

(& no, it doesn't matter IF the pedi gave you the dosage - which I'm not sure if I believe they did - it's still not reason enough to put your son's life at risk. Everything we do for our children is risk vs. benefit. In this case, the risk outweighs the benefit, especially since there are other methods that carry virtually no risk.) 

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"