Secondary IF
Options

Worst IF day ever....

So DH and I have made the hard decision this week to put TTC#3 on hold indefinitely with this cycle being our last ditch effort.  Things are really crazy with his travel schedule and things are picking up with my real estate business.I've also had an odd .... I don't know, mid-life crisis I guess?

Anyway, we're in the middle of a cycle and DH was only scheduled to be home day 13 and 14 so I scheduled myself for monitoring in Boston on day 13 to go over everything and we were going to try for the two days with trigger and if nothing happened, put things on hold. 

I drove 90 minutes up to Boston and waited for a 1/2 hour, calling the office number the entire time because no one was there.  Called the emergency line and finally got a call back telling me that they don't do weekend monitoring in that office, only the office another 1/2 hour north.  Um, what? I've only ever been to one office before......so when I made the appointment and she said 'ok, I'll see you here at 8:30 on Saturday' why would she have even thought that it meant an office over 2 hours from my house?  Why would I ever do that?????

Ugh, they apologized and admitted their mistake (they even had the lab listed as the one that was closed).  But now, we're basically screwed.  They said to do the deed today and tomorrow just in case and I could come in next week to see if I ovulated, but that's about it.  

I know it doesn't REALLY matter since we're pretty sure timing is just not right for us to be pregnant right now, but it was a very very emotionally ending to a very very hard decision.

Vent over. 

Re: Worst IF day ever....

• Options
    That stinks.  I would definitely be pissed if I was in your shoes.  I wish your current journey ended on a happier more satisfying note.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry. I too would be upset at the error. 

I will continue to have hope for you to get your little miracle this month.

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    I'm so sorry.  Not having control is the worst part for me, and it sounds like that's what you're facing head-on.  FWIW, I feel your pain.  (((HUG))) 
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Oh no...I am so sorry.  I would also be fuming about this.  {{{HUGS}}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I would be upset about it too. Many prayers for you. 
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry - I'd be mad about the mix up as well.  {{HUGS}}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what a sucky situation.  Sending good thoughts your way
    Married 9-4-04