Parenting

What would be your minimum age for fruit snacks?

Because I just found out today that my sitter, DH's cousin, who has been here almost daily since Ian was 3 months old, has given Max fruit snacks.  He's 18 months old.  Um, to me that's a bit young.  Especially because people "forget" to brush his f'ing teeth in the mornings, but I digress.  Angry

I'm not one of these crazy anti-fruit snack people, but I think 18 months is too early. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage

Re: What would be your minimum age for fruit snacks?

• I was actually thinking 18 months as my minimum. I don't remember when DD had them for the first time. I'm more worried about choking than the sugar on her teeth though.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • For my youngest, I'm more worried about the choking than I am the sugar on the teeth.  Sydney is a hog.  She seriously inhales things.  So, for me, at 19 months, she's still too young.  I'd say at least 2 years old for that.
  • Loading the player...
  • When they can ask for it.  My DD got suckers around 3, DS at 1 because he would pitch a royal fit if his sister got one and he didn't. 
  • imageAngela814:
    I was actually thinking 18 months as my minimum. I don't remember when DD had them for the first time. I'm more worried about choking than the sugar on her teeth though.

Oh totally, I am right there w/you on the choking.  One of my biggest fears actually.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage
  • Not yet. I've had to tell my mom she can't give my older 2 anything like that with M around. They seem like a choking hazard to me.
  • imageBrideofranken:
    twentyseven

dude, I'm still not old enough for fruit snacks, then! 

WTF is up with the extra comma?,,,

• DS was about 2.5 b/c of all the reasons already stated, but DD was 15 mo. She also threw a fit when her brother got them and she didn't. At first I tore off bitty pieces, but quickly discovered she could handle a full one. She has 12 teeth (4 of them are her molars) and does well chewing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS #1 didn't get them until probably 2.5 years, but of course DS #2 sees them and wants them, so he got them starting around 18 months....and until then I was only able to hold him off with raisins.  Gah, if we have a 3rd, guess maybe they'll come out of the womb eating fruit snacks. 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • DS didn't get them until he saw another kid at church with some and that was just a few weeks ago when DS just turned 3.  I am paranoid about choking and he never asked for them.  He usually just gets fresh fruit but I had to buy some snacks for him now.  He usually has them for a snack in the afternoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"