Health & Exercise
Options

p90x..

do any of you ladies do p90x? my sister does it and raves about it.  just curious if any of you do it and have any advice/opinion/suggestions etc... are you able to do the full workout or do you have to cut them short because of your LO?? how do you make it work?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: p90x..

• Options
    I haven't tried P90x but DH has and got great results.  I know the workout is for about an hour.  I don't think I have that kind of time to commit to a workout routine (kids, etc).  I do, however, occasionally get to run for an hour.  For now I'm doing 30 Day Shred, only a 20 minute workout and I've lost about 10 lbs with it so far.
  • Options

I do it! I love it. I also run. It is definitely a time commitment, I run in the am before everyone gets up (4am) and I do P90x with DH after kids (3 and 10mo) are in bed (usually between 9-10 pm). If you don't have an hour - hour and a half each day to commit to P90x then you might want to look for a shorter program but it is the fastest results I've seen of anything i've done! I highly recommend it. I am a very busy person, I work, I have two kids, etc, but my fitness is one of my top priorities so I make time for it and sacrifice (you guessed it) sleep. 

30DS is a good program too but I definitely didn't see the results like I do with P90x. I'm a lifelong runner so my goals have been just strength, flexibility, toning, and P90x gets you there FAST. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsgillian:

I do it! I love it. I also run. It is definitely a time commitment, I run in the am before everyone gets up (4am) and I do P90x with DH after kids (3 and 10mo) are in bed (usually between 9-10 pm). If you don't have an hour - hour and a half each day to commit to P90x then you might want to look for a shorter program but it is the fastest results I've seen of anything i've done! I highly recommend it. I am a very busy person, I work, I have two kids, etc, but my fitness is one of my top priorities so I make time for it and sacrifice (you guessed it) sleep. 

30DS is a good program too but I definitely didn't see the results like I do with P90x. I'm a lifelong runner so my goals have been just strength, flexibility, toning, and P90x gets you there FAST. 

Ditto to all of this! I love P90X! Yes, it is a time commitment but if you are a self-disciplined person you WILL get results.

• Options
    imageKirstieC:
    imagemrsgillian:

Ditto to all of this! I love P90X! Yes, it is a time commitment but if you are a self-disciplined person you WILL get results.

Ditto!  I;ve done 2 rounds of it and loved it!  It is the reason my abs/core have stayed strong through the pregnancy this time around.  No, I'm not doing P90X while pregnant but I will be after baby comes ;)

I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach (link in my sig).  Contact me if you have any specific questions! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"