Multiples
Options

size 3 diapers - 'til what age?

The girls have been in size 3 diapers for 2 months now and they are still fitting fine.  Do you remember at what age you made the switch to size 4s?

Thanks!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: size 3 diapers - 'til what age?

• Options
    I think we switched around 8m. Alex was 21 lbs and Will was 19. We're still in size 4s now at 18m.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member

audrey is 21lbs, 30 1/4" and still in #3s.  she's a narrow little thing.  just started using #4s  overnight for her a month ago.

i think we switched vivi (currently 24 1/2lbs, 30 1/2" - 75-90th for height and weight) out of #3s at about 10mos. 

even if your girls are big i'd think you have several months to go.  are you stockpiling them?  ;)

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just finished using our size 3's at about 12M. My girls were both under 20lbs at their 12M check up though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Nope, not stockpiling.  I was just surprised at how long they have stayed in 3s relative to 1s and 2s, but it makes sense that their growth would start to taper off.

My girls have big huge pot bellies so they never ever make it to the end of the weight limit on diapers.  They usually start wearing them before the lower limit, even.

We're doing Swaddlers size 3s during the day and Huggies Overnites size 4s at night and that has been working well.  I have 2 big boxes of size 3s left and then I will maybe try Luvs to save some money.  We'll see...

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

• Options
    my guys are 23.5 lbs and are still in size three, although i think this will be the last box of them for us just because they are fitting a little snug for my liking. no leaks though. 
  • Options
    Oh, and my friend's 6 month old is wearing 4s already.  Crazy, huh?!

• Options

I think it goes more w/ weight than age.  My girls are still in 3's as well, I think my older daughter switched sometime after 12months, but she didn't hit 20 pounds until 16 months. 

As for Luvs - this is what I switch to once they hit size 3's and I've always been pleased w/ them - FWIW.

• Options
    my babies are 11 months and still wearing size 3.  They are actually too big on my DD, she really is a size 2, but I only buy one size of diaper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecarissasmom:

I think it goes more w/ weight than age.  My girls are still in 3's as well, I think my older daughter switched sometime after 12months, but she didn't hit 20 pounds until 16 months. 

As for Luvs - this is what I switch to once they hit size 3's and I've always been pleased w/ them - FWIW.

Yeah, they for sure go with weight.  I just have no clue what to expect!  I think they're around 17 and change right now, but my guess is that their weight gain will start slowing down soon?

Good to know about Luvs!  I wasn't terribly impressed with Up&Up.  They were OK, but I think I got spoiled by the feel of Swaddlers.  :)

• Options
    janjagjanjag member

we switched to kirkland at size 3 to save $.  they have been great... and there's a costco right down the street from my house. 

costco is one of the funnest errand places to take my girls.  it's the only place around here w/double carts.  the girls LOVE sitting up high in the cart - these days the stroller = boring. 

are luvs comparable in price?

ETA:

just checked them out on diapers.com.  they are about $5 cheaper i think... plus the free shipping/no tax makes it a good deal. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

sorry to hijack but my babies love costco, too!!  we go every week and they now recognize the free sample ladies...they literally lunge for them every time we pass! 

(we use huggies that we buy at costco. they are only a penny or so more per diaper but come in larger quantities)

• Options
    My boys always need to go up a size well before they reach the weight limit. LIke the weight limit for 3's is supposedly 28lbs. Well right now they're about 25 lbs and have been in 4's for 10 months! They would just start to leak out at some point so we'd move up.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

I find this thread funny b/c my girls were in size 3 diapers when they turned 2 years old!  I obviously have skinny minis.

• Options

My bigger twin went up in sizes fairly quickly and I think we put her in size 4 at around their first birthday. This was also the time we put her sister (smaller twin) in size 3. My smaller twin was in size 1 until she was 8 months old (but the kid is still wearing some 12 month pants and shorts and she will be 2 on Saturday, she has no butt).

They are both still in size 4. I do have them in Target Up and Up, which run a little bigger that is why the bigger twins is still in size 4. She would need a 5 if I was still using Luvs, which is why I switched to Up and Up. As they go up in size they put less diapers in the box, so with twins I wanted to stay in the size 4 as long as possible.

Size 4 seems to be the size that most babies stay in for a while. Every time I go to Target (like tonight) to buy more diapers they are always out of size 4 boxes and I have to get someone to go into the back to bring more out. They are out of every brand of size 4, Luvs, Huggies, Pampers and Up and Up, they just can't keep them stocked on the shelves long enough.

• Options
    We are just switching to size 4 now at almos 10 months. The boys are *almost* 20lbs, so they are a little big. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"