Philadelphia Babies
Options

OB recs?- Bucks county

Hello ladies, I am TTC and don't have a doctor yet. I am right between St. Mary's and Lower Bucks so if anyone has any opinions on which is better and a OB that delivers there it would be much appreciated. Thanks and H&H 9 month!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB recs?- Bucks county

• Options

I use Dr. Cleary at St. Mary's.  There are four Dr. in the practice and I have gone to each of them now, as when you are pregnant they like you to use each of them.  Three of the Dr's were at Holy Redeemer but two years ago moved to St. Mary's and I followed them there.  

Also, there is another Dr. office with Dr. Rothberg.  

It is my belief that St. Mary's has a better reptutaion.  On a plus side, they are in the middle of remodeling the maternity ward.  It will be complete in October.   

Good Luck!!!

• Options

I go to Women's Center for Health in Langhorne, and so far have liked all the doctors there.  There are 5 that deliver, and they deliver at Lower Bucks.  They rotate being on-call for deliveries, so you could have any of them.  The office staff has been great so far.

I haven't heard tons about the differences between the two hospitals, although I'm also not originally from this area.  I've heard good things about both, though.  It's been rumored that St. Mary's can be slower to offer epidurals and pain relief, and they allow you to only have ice chips during labor where LB allows you to have clear fluids/jello, etc. One of the issues that has bogged down LB is that they declared bankruptcy within the last year, but so far it doesn't seem as though that has affected services.

I recently toured LB, and the L&D rooms were nice...private baths, flat screen tvs, and fairly large...they also have a jacuzzi.  The postpartum rooms were super small, with just about enough room for the bed and baby's bassinet, but they were private.  LB has a level 2 NICU, so they can handle the most common newborn issues without having to transfer the baby.  I think both hospitals use the same company for lactation consultants.  I've talked to a couple of people who have delivered there, and they mentioned that staff was pretty nice as well.  We'll see how it all goes soon enough!!

Good luck with your decision!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I think I will tour both. I have been to Dr. Cleary before to remove a cyst and didn't really feel like I clicked with that practice but I may have high expectations of the bond one has with their OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered DD at Lower Bucks.  I have no complaints about my experience.  Everything was positive.

But, for when we decide to have #2 , I want to deliver at St Mary's. Mainly, because it's closer to my house.  I go to the same practice as a previous poster mentioned- Women's Health Associates of Bucks County (Drs Cleary, O'Malley, Halpern and DeFilippis).  I've only seen O'Malley but he's very nice.  Good luck with your decision!

• Options
    I use Center for Women's Health as well (down the street from OV Mall) and delivered at LBH. Great experience at LBH during delivery. Quick with the epi and the nurses made you feel like you were the only one there and there was at least 3 other ladies having babies that day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"